Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 8:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there any Christians here who believe in zombies?
RE: Are there any Christians here who believe in zombies?
(January 28, 2019 at 5:23 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 28, 2019 at 5:18 pm)Drich Wrote: is this another disguised prebann warning? or can I call you a dumb ass who's over looking the very greek word that describe the resurrected define or rather describe the condition of the people being brought back Ie he doesn't have to describe anything as his literal vocabulary, the same method you douche bags are using to move the goal posts to zombiehood..

No, you can call me whatever you like - I'm a big lad, I can take it.  My point was that Jesus wasn't describing anything in the passage referenced - the dead came out of the graves just when Jesus 'gave up the ghost'.  Jesus isn't speaking in the passage, so he couldn't possibly have been describing anything.

Also, I'm opting for 'mummies' over 'zombies' strictly on the basis of the bodies having been wrapped.

Boru

Oh, c'mon Boru, that's simply not fair. You know Drich can't read for shit. Expecting him to understand what the bible actually says is just simply brutally unfair.

And to address his later point, the word resurrect doesn't resolve it for two reasons. First the literal meaning of the word in this passage also means to raise up, so while resurrect may have been the effect, it's not clear simply from the word in what manner they were resurrected. He's engaging in a form of presentism, applying a modern understanding to a historical passage. The second reason is that while to resurrect does in some sense mean to restore vital function to the individual, to die means for the vital functions to permanently cease. (Thank Huggy for pointing this out to me.) So the two words and their usage are not logically consistent, so it would be absurd to claim you can know anything about the status of the vital functions of those raised, as according to usage, they both did have vital function restored, and because they were dead, could not and therefore did not have vital function restored. At least this wasn't simply a mistake attributable to his bollocks level of reading comprehension this time. That's a positive, at least.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are there any Christians here who believe in zombies? - by Angrboda - January 29, 2019 at 9:09 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3521 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  What do the conservative Christians here think of Professor Bart Ehrman? Jehanne 69 6206 March 8, 2019 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8111 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are there any Christian proselytizers left in this subforum? Jehanne 157 22194 October 8, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 5023 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Are there any YECs in the house here? Jehanne 71 9753 June 28, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Do christians believe in Witchcraft? Cecelia 55 15047 June 25, 2017 at 1:39 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  There are ONLY two types of Christians! 21stCenturyIconoclast! 60 13988 June 22, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  A quarter of British Christians do not believe in the resurection downbeatplumb 35 6919 April 14, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  There's a Reason Why Christians do Stupid Things Rhondazvous 37 7197 October 26, 2016 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous