Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 1:38 am

Poll: Is the backlash against Liam Neeson's remarks justified?
This poll is closed.
Yes, definitely
30.00%
6 30.00%
It's a bit excessive.
10.00%
2 10.00%
No, absolutely not.
45.00%
9 45.00%
Whatever
15.00%
3 15.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations
(February 16, 2019 at 11:50 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Neeson disagrees.  He doesn't know wtf you're talking about, why anyone would link his comments to -silent word-, or why anyone would think he was a -silent word-.  If you want to talk about "monsters inside of us" then that's a different discussion.

IDK, I've known people who didn't seem to have any such monsters at all.  Most people I know, really.  The idea that we're all monstrous or terrible in some vague way is popular, and fun to play with...plenty of good jokes to be had.  I don't think it's an accurate appraisal of what we are, personally. I'd lay most human misery on apathy and opportunity, rather any monstrous sub-current.  Even -silent word- largely expresses itself as apathy rather than antipathy.  All the shittiness, none of the effort, lol.

Yeah, and I've seen some of their movies, and they sucked.

If we took any. . . and I mean ANY other thought crime-- and that's what we're talking about, a confession of a thought crime-- and replaced it for racism, how would it play out?

"When I was a young man, I was confused and I thought seriously about raping a girl.  Thank god, I never did it, and I was ashamed by those feelings, and that was a dark time in my life." I don't think this would have gotten the same hysterical response.

"When I was a young man, my brother was raped by a priest, and I didn't even see who it was.  I was so filled with rage that all I could think about was finding a goddamned priest-- any priest-- and ending his life.  I never did it, and I was terrified by how dark my thoughts had become."  Is this man going to be condemned all his life as a murderer?

"When I was a young man, my brother was killed by a cop for carrying a squirt gun.  I was so filled with rage that all I could think about was finding a goddamned cop-- any cop-- and killing that pig bastard.  I never did it, and I was horrified by those dark feelings."  This guy's going to get a total pass for his thoughts and feelings, especially if he's black.

What has made the race issue so radioactive that walking within 10 miles of it will poison someone for life?  I think it was Yonadav who pointed it out, and I've never said it before-- but is it possible that almost all white "Me racist!? Nonono, you're racist. Don't look at me!" are just racist enough that they are overcompensating?  Is it possible that the loudest and squeakiest of the dissenters are the ones who are most in conflict with their own very real racism?  I'm starting to wonder if that might actually be it.

Gae, tell me straight up-- you're a southern boy, and in your entire life, you've never said anything violent or seriously derogatory about black people, right? Even when you were younger?

Messages In This Thread
Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by Rev. Rye - February 5, 2019 at 11:43 pm
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by Cecelia - February 16, 2019 at 11:21 am
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by Yonadav - February 16, 2019 at 11:44 am
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by Yonadav - February 12, 2019 at 11:49 am
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by Yonadav - February 13, 2019 at 11:29 am
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by Shell B - February 13, 2019 at 12:47 pm
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by Yonadav - February 13, 2019 at 12:44 pm
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by bennyboy - February 16, 2019 at 6:45 pm
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by Athene - February 17, 2019 at 12:44 am
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by Athene - February 18, 2019 at 12:51 am
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by Shell B - February 19, 2019 at 12:42 pm
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by Athene - February 19, 2019 at 12:25 pm
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by Shell B - February 20, 2019 at 11:27 am
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by Yonadav - February 20, 2019 at 12:34 pm
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations - by Shell B - February 20, 2019 at 12:54 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Head of WHO plays the "Race Card." Can you guess if he's black looking? Duty 9 775 April 14, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  More Race Hysteria from SJW's Neo-Scholastic 260 30273 October 14, 2017 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Michigan Pedophile Rapist Gets joint custody of son of one of his rape victims Divinity 23 6340 October 10, 2017 at 8:23 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The Cheeto in Chief apparently wants to rape our national monuments Jackalope 2 834 April 26, 2017 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Vote Rigging Discovered In Canadian Tory Leadership Race Amarok 0 522 March 17, 2017 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  BTW, that's gang rape, not misdemeanor assault vorlon13 76 10083 December 14, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  British woman 'arrested in Dubai after reporting rape' zebo-the-fat 28 3715 November 19, 2016 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York? GUBU 783 75016 October 25, 2016 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Catholic Church Opposes Removing Statute of Limitations for Child Rape SteelCurtain 89 9640 May 1, 2016 at 3:22 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Amherst Student Was Expelled for Rape. But He Was Raped, Evidence Shows. ErGingerbreadMandude 23 4742 December 24, 2015 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet