Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cheeto in Chief apparently wants to rape our national monuments
The Cheeto in Chief apparently wants to rape our national monuments
It should come as no surprise that the Cheeto in Chief would like to rape our national monuments for the purpose of drilling for petroleum and mining via an executive order just signed that overturns designations made also by executive order by the last three administrations, as reported by (at least) Reuters, The Washington Post, USA Today, NPR and in case anyone wants to bleat about 'Fake News' or the 'librul media', it was also reported by Fox News.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...100925418/
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-in...SKBN17S1MH
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/...tions.html

Trump is calling those prior executive orders "a massive land grab", despite the fact that Congress empowers the President to do so via the Antiquities Act of 1906.

Quote:The Antiquities Act of 1906, (Pub.L. 59–209, 34 Stat. 225, 54 U.S.C. § 320301–320303), is an act passed by the United States Congress and signed into law by Theodore Roosevelt on June 8, 1906. This law gives the President of the United States the authority to, by presidential proclamation, create national monuments from federal lands to protect significant natural, cultural, or scientific features. The Act has been used over a hundred times since its passage. Its use occasionally creates significant controversy. On April 26, 2017, President Donald J. Trump signed an Executive Order to review the Antiquities Act.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiquities_Act

So, can a President revoke a prior executive order that Congress explicitly allows a prior President to issue? Does Trump's executive order fall afoul of the Antiquities Act?

This to me seems to be a really shitty thing to do regardless - we're going to destroy our national heritage and treasures in order to drill for petroleum and mine - activities which will no doubt be extremely profitable for industry.
RE: The Cheeto in Chief apparently wants to rape our national monuments
The WLB does not seem to understand what executive orders are.  That's probably why the courts keep overturning them.
RE: The Cheeto in Chief apparently wants to rape our national monuments
Oh FFS, why did I look at the comments section in the Fox article?  I just lost IQ points glancing at it.

I feel like I should add something else, but, um, no shocker.  They have no respect for anything but their own almighty dollar.  They are a cancer of the human race, and that is putting it politely.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts onlinebiker 68 3328 August 13, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So ....... who wants to go bowling? ignoramus 15 1412 April 26, 2020 at 8:32 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  America’s Chief Export BrianSoddingBoru4 107 5167 April 21, 2020 at 2:12 pm
  BREAKING: China's communist party wants to change the internet protocols WinterHold 32 2174 April 2, 2020 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations Rev. Rye 233 15972 February 21, 2019 at 4:10 pm
  BREAKING:The Turkish president refused to accept the U.S National Security Advisor WinterHold 1 444 January 9, 2019 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  More proof 45 wants blind loyalty. Brian37 22 2560 December 8, 2018 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The National Assclown is a National Embarrassment Minimalist 36 1842 October 2, 2018 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  GOP now wants civility in scotus hearing? Brian37 15 1346 September 7, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Our criminal in chief Aroura 21 1882 August 23, 2018 at 8:37 am
Last Post: Aroura