Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 6:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex pastor explains how Christianity is fake
RE: Ex pastor explains how Christianity is fake
@Jehanne It was not a quote of you, I apologize if it seemed that I was. In review you were merely supporting Alan's belief that I was ding anything more than a plain text read of the verses cited. Do you believe the Bible teaches people to be judgemental of others?

@Gae Bolga - It's not coincidental at all, people align themselves in their social groups by a sense of belonging, that others share their beliefs. It would follow that groups of people that share specific bigotries would seek out groups that shared in it. You've yet to cite a commonly accepted dogma that teaches to be judgemental. The Carmelite phrase in question "dark night of the soul" is a perfect example that supports my other point that questioning and doubt and fears are commonplace and part of the journey. What having doubts, fears and questions doesn't mean is pretending to be something you're not or lying to yourself and others. I'm glad we can at least agree on that point.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ex pastor explains how Christianity is fake - by tackattack - May 17, 2019 at 10:40 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Fucking Piece of Shit "Pastor" Minimalist 37 9079 September 29, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Another fake Catholic miracle. Jehanne 96 20009 August 11, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Evangelical pastor Rick Wiles warns of demonic Pokemon that will be exploited by ISIS KevinM1 22 2888 July 20, 2016 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I found a pastor who has a strange fixation on flaming buttholes and asbestos diapers TaraJo 12 3282 April 30, 2016 at 11:36 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Should I have a doscussion with my parent's Church pastor? ReptilianPeon 26 3579 March 11, 2016 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7076 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Worst pastor, preechur, evangelist, priest, reverend ??? vorlon13 26 7423 November 16, 2015 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christian Bride gives her Pastor father certificate of purity on her wedding day The Valkyrie 136 27197 October 28, 2015 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Ken Ham Explains Dinosaurs Nope 21 5665 June 7, 2015 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Angry pastor warns Katy Perry’s devil sex music is preparing teens for the Antichrist abaris 60 12984 March 16, 2015 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist