Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 5:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity
RE: Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity
Tack,
Assuming that everyone else shares your belief and is okay with being led in a Christian prayer is not reasonable. Unless you are at a church-sponsored event then you need to take into account that it's not appropriate to push your beliefs on others - especially kids who may not know what to do to remove themselves from the situation. Kids are usually going to look to the adults in charge and think that they should be doing what they are being told to do even if it's confusing to them. Trying to indoctrinate other people's kids isn't your job or your right. You presume that you don't even have to approach the issue first. You are of the mind that you are correct in leading a prayer because you think what you believe is most important. You are the one thinking you have the right. You are the one deciding that others should just shut up and do what you want even when it goes against their family, or personal, beliefs.

You aren't being persecuted. You are acting like you are the ultimate authority and if other people don't care for it then they are the ones who are treating you badly.

I swear, a lot. It's sort of a family thing. But I don't swear around people I don't know who may be made to feel uncomfortable. I also don't use language that is considered blasphemous around people when I don't know how they will react. My right to my free speech ends if I am making others hurt or uncomfortable.

I think it's important to know your audience and not to take for granted that you are in the right. Maybe you are in your world but everyone doesn't live there.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity - by arewethereyet - July 9, 2019 at 3:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 577 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Gospels and the war in Ukraine. Jehanne 15 2128 April 7, 2022 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4625 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Holy War Johanabrahams 105 9193 July 17, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: brewer
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 21509 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The War on Christmas Chad32 29 4265 January 15, 2019 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Phoque
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4923 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Feeling a form of "religious discrimination" for the first time Aegon 19 1957 May 22, 2018 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10760 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 4075 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus