Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 7:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity
RE: Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity
(July 10, 2019 at 9:30 am)Drich Wrote:
(July 8, 2019 at 5:25 pm)Losty Wrote: You realize that most of this stuff is not discrimination, but rather a lack of rights because the church doesn’t pay ta
And you realize that the church is not the only organization in the USA that does not pay taxes? Any and all 501-503c organizations do not pay tax, and none are so heavily regulated. in fact a presidential campaign can be considered a non taxable organization and yet have one of these restrictions placed on it. The girl scouts do not have these restrictions. yet the church does... that is discrimination.

(July 8, 2019 at 11:43 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: You know what real discrimination is?

I can’t turn away a patient or refuse to treat someone.

I’m not allowed to treat patients using a rusty knife and kitchen tongs!

And most importantly, unlike churches, I still have to pay taxes.

are you allow to have a political opinion?

Are you forced to share your work space with people seeking to taint your clean environment?

Are you forced to abandon your parking lot connected to your building and be made to walk 1 to 2 miles (nearest authorized parking facility)

Are you forced to buy a bus and transport the old and infirm to and from this parking lot?

Are you forced to give out in literal tons of food in lieu of taxes to people looking to take advantage and abuse the program that refuse to meet any of the qualifications you may have to justify funding this program??

No? to me it seems you are bitching about doing what your job requires. Things you agreed to do things that one must take an oath to to even be considered for your job.

Everything I mentioned is added on well after the fact. These rules are meant to starve out and shut the church down. 

what business that requires a shop or store visit could operate without parking? If the church can not be allowed suitable parking then the membership dwindles, donations falter and all of the extra expenses mandated in an unfair way make the church default in it's new requirements resulting moving the congregation.

When is the last time you where forced to move via code enforcement violations?

question are you not smart enough to make an honest comparison between the church I mention and your own situation or are you banking on the fact that the people reading your post are not smart enough to see past you ham fisted attempt at belittling this situation?
My favorite...the Drich wall of drivel with the mandatory insult thrown in for good measure.  It's so comforting when you can count on things to be a certain way.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity - by arewethereyet - July 10, 2019 at 2:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 565 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Gospels and the war in Ukraine. Jehanne 15 2120 April 7, 2022 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4539 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Holy War Johanabrahams 105 9051 July 17, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: brewer
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 21280 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The War on Christmas Chad32 29 4179 January 15, 2019 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Phoque
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4905 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Feeling a form of "religious discrimination" for the first time Aegon 19 1939 May 22, 2018 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10716 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 4046 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus