Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 11:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Relationships: Finding your perfect match and then losing them.
RE: Relationships: Finding your perfect match and then losing them.
(July 16, 2020 at 7:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote: The truth is the utopia of finding your soulmate and sticking with them your entire life is  utopia. It can and does happen sure, but it is not the norm.

So true. But what is so sad, for me, is that I had such a rare utopia but lost it. So then, on that premise, my question is: now what?

(July 16, 2020 at 8:27 pm)brewer Wrote:
(July 16, 2020 at 7:47 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I don't think promoting Ashley Madison is a good idea. For one thing, it's built on facilitating affairs between married people, which wouldn't bother me as much if not for the fact that this seems to be the exact opposite situation the OP is in. For another, literally everything I've heard about AM suggests there's an absurdly high male-to-female ratio of the user base. Even without the morally eyebrow-raising gimmick, this cannot bode well for your chances.

[Image: tenor.gif]

I don't see how anything went over his head. It's simply true that AM couldn't apply to my situation any less.
"Zen … does not confuse spirituality with thinking about God while one is peeling potatoes. Zen spirituality is just to peel the potatoes." - Alan Watts

Messages In This Thread
RE: Relationships: Finding your perfect match and then losing them. - by Porcupine - July 17, 2020 at 3:49 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If life is temporary, why is finding a date so HARD? snow_wolf22 126 8192 October 30, 2023 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Age Gap Relationships FrustratedFool 32 1870 September 21, 2023 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  How would you react to finding out you were making out with a transsexual? TaraJo 102 6842 March 28, 2019 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do satirists respond to criticism from the ones close to them? Der/die AtheistIn 3 538 March 13, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Getting space in relationships Der/die AtheistIn 17 926 September 16, 2018 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*