Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 1:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imminent chances of societal collapse is sky high
RE: Imminent chances of societal collapse is sky high
(August 2, 2020 at 12:18 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 31, 2020 at 9:25 pm)Eleven Wrote: Suggested by the modelling

If too much of the world's wealth doesn't pull it's head out of its ass, this wont be just a "theory". Humans simply cannot keep putting speeding up consumption of resources and polluting in the process and not expect problems. 

I think it is good that we have cell phones and not rotary phones. I am glad I can pm someone on social media, instead of writing a letter and handing it over to the Pony Express. But the global market needs to seriously stop making things that are cheap and disposable and pollute. That only shortens our species ride, and in the process, the harder resources are to obtain, the more expensive they get, and the more conflict they create in competing for them.

Humans need to get over politics, religion, political and economic ideology. Ultimately resources are what all humans need. And unless we slow down and plan and think, our species will shorten our ride.

Brian has no use for facts in formulating the righteous solution to big problems.   He certainly has no use for the fact that his righteous solutions consist of 100% hot air and 0%, huh, solution.

(August 2, 2020 at 12:47 pm)Figbash Wrote: Nah. Humans are basically cockroaches. There will always be survivors. Most likely the vastly wealthy and politicians with fallout shelters stocked with years of provisions.

Really makes you feel better, huh?

Yeah, wait until Donald trump runs out of provision and heaven forbid, have to walk down a shallow ramp to pick up editable berries.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Imminent chances of societal collapse is sky high - by Anomalocaris - August 3, 2020 at 8:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I cut back on salt since I have high blood pressure? FlatAssembler 14 935 December 26, 2023 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Measles cases hit record high in Europe zebo-the-fat 13 1477 September 20, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  For those of you that like high and tight cuts brewer 12 1749 December 6, 2016 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  NASA Finds Amino Acids on Impossible Meteorite, Improves Chances E.T. Exists orogenicman 6 2233 December 19, 2010 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: orogenicman