Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those of you that like high and tight cuts
For those of you that like high and tight cuts
Pubic grooming related to higher rate of STI's.

http://sti.bmj.com/content/early/2016/10...016-052687
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: For those of you that like high and tight cuts
Well...I mean I think the more reasonable conclusion is that people who are more sexually active (and thus susceptible to STIs) are more likely to engage in pubic hair grooming more regularly.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(December 6, 2016 at 11:26 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Well...I mean I think the more reasonable conclusion is that people who are more sexually active (and thus susceptible to STIs) are more likely to engage is pubic hair grooming more regularly.

Yeah, I mean.... I'm not gonna click on that article to see if they controlled for confounding variables.............

I mean, it wouldn't stun me if a reasonable case could be made out that pubic hair has something to do with disease prevention from an evolutionary standpoint (I mean, clearly, it reduces skin-on-skin contact), but F&F's point seems likely to me.  Interesting................ Angel
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
I'm confused.  Are they saying the tendency to groom the pubes correlates with acquiring STD's, or just blabbing about them?

Also, for the record, my pubes have always lived in a state of nature.  I don't comb, brush, trim, powder or perfume them in any way.  I'm trying to perfect the caveman look.
(December 6, 2016 at 11:35 am)Whateverist Wrote: I'm confused.  Are they saying the tendency to groom the pubes correlates with acquiring STD's, or just blabbing about them?

In a survey of ~7500 respondents (so take it for what it's worth, being self-reported and all), there is a correlation between higher rates of pubic hair grooming and higher rates of ever having an STI.  

Quote:We defined extreme grooming as removal of all pubic hair more than 11 times per year and high-frequency grooming as daily/weekly trimming.

And
Quote:ever having groomed was positively associated with a history of self-reported STIs
while the correlation was stronger for those who identified as 'extreme' groomers.
- Thomas Jefferson
(December 6, 2016 at 11:35 am)Whateverist Wrote: ...
Also, for the record, my pubes have always lived in a state of nature.  I don't comb, brush, trim, powder or perfume them in any way.  I'm trying to perfect the caveman look.

DO NOT TELL VORLON Shock
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(December 6, 2016 at 11:34 am)TheRealJoeFish Wrote:
(December 6, 2016 at 11:26 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Well...I mean I think the more reasonable conclusion is that people who are more sexually active (and thus susceptible to STIs) are more likely to engage is pubic hair grooming more regularly.

Yeah, I mean.... I'm not gonna click on that article to see if they controlled for confounding variables.............

I mean, it wouldn't stun me if a reasonable case could be made out that pubic hair has something to do with disease prevention from an evolutionary standpoint (I mean, clearly, it reduces skin-on-skin contact), but F&F's point seems likely to me.  Interesting................ Angel

I thought pubic hair acted as a non-moist lubricant.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 6, 2016 at 11:34 am)TheRealJoeFish Wrote:

They looked at several variables, including age, gender, number of partners and number of sexual encounters. The entire article is available in PDF, British Medical Journal.
Yup, and for what it's worth, they did say further research was needed. Would be interesting to see if there was a fancy way to trim your pubic hair to avoid STIs. Like genital topiary.
- Thomas Jefferson
Start early, pull them as they grow in.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I cut back on salt since I have high blood pressure? FlatAssembler 14 686 December 26, 2023 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Imminent chances of societal collapse is sky high Foxaèr 28 1384 August 4, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Measles cases hit record high in Europe zebo-the-fat 13 1403 September 20, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Woe unto those who depend on the bible for their knowledge of evolution Whateverist 1 540 August 7, 2018 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  OK fellow old farts, have those close to you monitor these. brewer 9 2880 May 2, 2017 at 7:18 am
Last Post: brewer
  For those of you that like sugary drinks. brewer 29 2546 September 10, 2016 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: RozKek
  Way to go CA. Vaccinate those kids! brewer 1 766 July 1, 2016 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13