Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 3, 2026, 3:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
SolarWinds Russian Hack - is it reasonable to believe it is real?
#11
RE: SolarWinds Russian Hack - is it reasonable to believe it is real?
The complicity of an admin goes to the allocation of resources, focus, and opportunity.

For example, multiple cyber security bills have been proposed and blocked due to their proximity to the russian issue. It's not certain that any action we might have taken would have prevented this, but in retrospect (and, for sane people, before the fact) it seems silly for an american president or party to shoot itself in the foot on security on account of legal or political embarrassment. It has become clear that simply saying the word russia is career suicide under this admin, and we already know that the rank and file had been ringing the fire alarm on this one, but we don't know how many non public and perhaps even specific warnings this admin ignored and/or plowed over.

It's reasonable to assume that this admins rejection of reality left it not so much incapable of dealing with the issue as dogmatically opposed to doing so. Textbook institutional failure. While it may not be likely that we catch all of this stuff before the fact - it's even more likely that we will fail to detect those things we would rather not find, or would refuse to see.

Beyond that, as far as personal accountability...as we all know, our president takes no responsibility.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: SolarWinds Russian Hack - is it reasonable to believe it is real? - by The Grand Nudger - December 21, 2020 at 8:40 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Attack on Russian Concert Hall Ravenshire 11 3946 March 27, 2024 at 11:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Russian ransomware site... brewer 1 723 July 13, 2021 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The REAL Threat To America BrianSoddingBoru4 11 3129 December 15, 2020 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  CNN- UN expert recommends Kushner change his phone after suspected Saudi hack WinterHold 1 1151 January 25, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Pizzagate is real EarnieBanks 4 1537 May 17, 2019 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Divinity
  Russian Woman Reportedly Faces 6 Years in Prison for Insulting Memes about Xtians purplepurpose 1 1130 October 16, 2018 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Shitheads, and Gun Nuts and Russian Bears, Oh My! Minimalist 6 2299 May 26, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: tjakey
  NRA.... New Russian Allies. Jackie 49 18920 April 12, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mother crashes car to prove god is real. brewer 20 5430 March 25, 2018 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  This Actually Seems Reasonable Minimalist 1 684 February 28, 2018 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)