Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 10:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Portland - you might get what you deserve.
RE: Hey Portland - you might get what you deserve.
(September 5, 2021 at 5:11 pm)Helios Wrote:
Quote:He didn't tell his rabid supporters to storm the capital building and to kill a cop. That never happened. Trump didn't think a bunch of MAGAtards were going to pull off a coup for him. Even Trump is not that insane.
For weeks he stoked his followers to violence and he all but told them to do it, Trump knew full well his antics were going to result in violence, And he is that insane.

Quote:Trump was massively irresponsible that day and shit went down in part due to his words. I don't deny that. We are entirely on the same page when it comes to this. But legally, he said be peaceful, so that gives him the legal out. I just don't see any way around that. So morally, we basically agree on this. The legality of the matter is where we differ. You say that he got his rabid supporters to storm the capital, and sure, that is sort of what happened, but you need to meet a very high legal standard to prove such a thing, and I don't think that can be done.
Trump was just irresponsible he knew actually what he was doing and what the result would be, And no calling for peace after weeks of doing the opposite doesn't give him a legal out in any wat shape, or form. He's responsible and he was not punished. Your attempts to downplay his role won't fly here.

Trump knew what they were going to do and had this all planned out for them to storm the capitol? Is that why he put out that message telling them to leave in peace after they stormed the building? Did Trump change his mind mid-faux coup or something? Trump is a pretty indecisive guy, isn't he? Plans a coup apparently and then changes his mind mid-coup haha. Likely story.

(September 5, 2021 at 5:13 pm)Helios Wrote:
Quote:I don't follow on the self defeating thing you are talking about. Can you go a little further in explaining that? Like I posted, experiments show that we subconsciously make decisions seconds in advance before our conscious mind is even aware of it. That rules out free will. Checkmate.
Subconscious decisions don't even come close to refuting free will. So no checkmate I'm afraid. But please keep providing the evidence for freewill  Hehe

You haven't won any argument when first of all, you refuse to even give me your definition of free will, so in actuality I have no idea what you mean when you post about it, and second of all, you won't even give me one name of someone to look up to get a more in depth look at what you're referring to in your posts. I'm not asking you to do research for me. I'll gladly do it.

My definition of free will btw, is the classical idea of free will. The idea the illusion is not just an illusion, and that you consciously can decide between one thing or another thing, and that you could have done otherwise.

If your actions are subconsciously decided seconds before you take those actions, then going by the classical idea of free will, you are not consciously making any decisions. Therefore, there is no free will. There is only will.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey Portland - you might get what you deserve. - by Mermaid - September 5, 2021 at 12:25 pm
RE: Hey Portland - you might get what you deserve. - by Irreligious Atheist - September 5, 2021 at 5:21 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey Florida people!!!! arewethereyet 22 1763 September 29, 2022 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Portland, Oregon And Dublin Ireland: A Lesson BrianSoddingBoru4 31 1750 July 23, 2020 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Girls Vs. Boys: Brain Differences Might Explain Tech Behaviors EgoDeath 25 1774 September 26, 2019 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Robert Reich: "We might be heading for a crash as bad as 1929" Aegon 10 1094 September 13, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  I just might have to buy this book. brewer 6 617 September 5, 2018 at 8:08 am
Last Post: John V
  Hey Trumptards - Enjoy Your Sore Assholes Minimalist 60 7025 May 19, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I Wonder When The Bar Will Get Low Enough For The Deplorables to Get In? Minimalist 12 1327 May 17, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Hey. Remember This? Minimalist 0 334 April 12, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  man thinks gay lions learnt it from humans and deserve counselling Aoi Magi 30 3011 November 4, 2017 at 1:00 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Hey, Alabama Minimalist 4 458 October 9, 2017 at 12:05 am
Last Post: vorlon13