Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 6, 2026, 6:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I need a new passport, which country is officially atheist?
#38
RE: I need a new passport, which country is officially atheist?
When I was stationed in Sicily I was the "official presence" on the Special Services tour bus. The bus would go to various areas with a load of bored wives for shopping, gawking, and just plain "get me outta here!"ness. I was required to count heads on the bus and heads off the bus. If they didn't come out even I was notify the local US officials, usually a consulate unless there was a US military facility near by. Never lost anybody, happily. I had names and xeroxes of their dependent ID cards for each person on the bus.

The regular driver was an old Sicilian we called "Pop" Lemoli. (sp?) He knew all the cool spots and after we'd deposited the pax at their hotel he and I would go slumming. You have to see an 60ish fat man trying to do some apache dancing to appreciate weird and wonderful. Hehe
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: I need a new passport, which country is officially atheist? - by Gawdzilla Sama - December 5, 2023 at 10:29 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 9046 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  New atheist here, gotta say, not loving it Rayden_Greywolf 166 53203 November 30, 2017 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  a new atheist and marriage Thegoodatheist 70 24828 August 9, 2017 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 9809 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Jeff Sparrow on the need to save ourselves from the sickishness of the New Atheists Whateverist 62 19686 March 21, 2016 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community? IanHulett 21 11622 January 1, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Which atheists do you find the most annoying? Whateverist 126 40974 November 18, 2015 at 9:15 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
Lightbulb New atheist creed Aractus 16 5255 August 26, 2015 at 3:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Do you feel (new) Atheist culture? Alex K 58 24595 July 31, 2015 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Quiet Atheist vs Militant Atheist z7z 62 23479 May 18, 2015 at 1:32 am
Last Post: abentwookie



Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)