Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 7:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were other European religions better than Christianity?
RE: Were other European religions better than Christianity?
(December 26, 2011 at 9:50 am)Epimethean Wrote: To answer your first question, simply because "christian" emperors removed the gladiatorial combats due to their "pagan" nature is probably not the best leg to stand on-unless you want to say that Hitler was right when he declared Jews to be the enemy ...

As for your last contention, have you noticed how similar those themes are to modern day motion pictures? I don't watch Clash of the Titans because I am pagan-nor do all christians avoid them because they are such.

Well, I think that this was a major contribution, just like the Israelites, who had stopped showing their children down Moloch's burning belly, after being commanded not to(in unison with the commandment regarding idolarity) by their prophet Moses.
And I really fail to see how you godwin'ed this, even though it wasn't really necessary.

And yes, I did. However at those times, they were associated with the old Roman belief, and since christians were too, at one point, sent to their deaths at the arenas...It certainly must have influenced the emperor's descision to abolish them. And the empire wasn't exactly having it's golden age, and the games were expensive aswell, which was another reason to abolish them...
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Were other European religions better than Christianity? - by kılıç_mehmet - December 26, 2011 at 9:59 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 13842 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 746 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Is Allegorical Religion better than Fundamentalism? vulcanlogician 147 9410 April 5, 2022 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Is Satan better than God? Disagreeable 37 2870 January 31, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  forbidding people to love each other Fake Messiah 210 24991 September 16, 2021 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists? Ferrocyanide 95 7362 April 26, 2021 at 3:56 am
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 21691 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Questions about the European renaissance and religion to non believers Quill01 6 736 January 31, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1440 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1928 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am