Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 1:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Me Answer My Evangelical Aunt's Most Recent Email!
RE: Help Me Answer My Evangelical Aunt's Most Recent Email!
(December 29, 2011 at 2:58 pm)aleialoura Wrote: The drama is over this picture that she shared on bookface:

[Image: tebow.jpg]

I usually am very good about holding my tongue on facebook, but this irked the shit out of me, so I posted a comment that said:

I Wrote:I don't see a problem with either, but I would hope that if there is a god, he has more important things to do than help someone win a football game. I, personally, think that public prayer is not a big deal. Pray on if you want. I'm more concerned with people doing harmful things in public. Prayer is benign.

A few minutes later I received this:

Crazy Evangelical Aunt Wrote:Leigh, you know I like to answer these things privately because I dont ever want to appear to be ridiculing you in any way because I am not but others might think so and I don't want to even take the chance on that. So hear goes...
Since you are an atheist and that is your right and I am certainly not going to use this platform to try and convince you otherwise. I do however think that I should explain to you a little bit about God and prayer and the gifts and talents that God gives us. All good gifts, in this case Tim Tebow's gift is a great football player, should all be used to further the Kingdom of God. The 'platform' that God has given to Tebow, is the football field. Tebow has a desire in his heart to give God thanks and glory because he knows that God is the one that has given him his talents, he also has a responsibility as a Christian to show the world that he recognizes God as his Lord and King. All of us are given platforms to spread the good news of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ some are just more public than others. Unfortunately many Christians fail and are not bold in their worship of the one true God. Tebow isn't and that's why everybody is talking about him. It should be such the norm that the talk would be about the Christian that doesn't give glory to God. There are other 'professed' Christians standing on that field with Tebow... my question is why aren't they bold enough to kneel in praise and glory of the mighty God they claim to believe in.

The media and the most americans readily accept muslims worshiping in their workplace and schools when Christians are not even allowed to speak the name of Jesus in many of these places... even you can surely see the injustice in that.

I don't want to come off as arrogant, antagonistic, or rude... so basically, I don't know what to say.

Hehe

What would you say?

I'd say "meaningless waffle", because that is exactly what she posted.
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help Me Answer My Evangelical Aunt's Most Recent Email! - by Norfolk And Chance - December 29, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is not the answer Foxaèr 47 5380 October 31, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Drich
  I Got This Email And Figured It Was From Some Religitard Minimalist 6 1826 May 9, 2018 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Evangelical Trump Supporters: Hefner was sexually perverse Foxaèr 8 813 September 28, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer Foxaèr 431 129766 August 12, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Our theists of all labels please answer.... Brian37 92 12698 April 25, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I've never gotten a good answer to.... Brian37 23 5813 October 23, 2016 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The Consistent Asshole Answer to Every Problem Minimalist 3 1881 June 17, 2016 at 9:37 am
Last Post: tacebotedo
  Share Your Untestimony: Prayers that God didn't Answer Rhondazvous 81 21763 November 3, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The Answer is - The Greeks Minimalist 16 3306 January 27, 2015 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Questions to answer polar bear 20 3600 October 26, 2014 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Losty