Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2026, 6:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Obama health plan and the Catholic church
#1
The Obama health plan and the Catholic church
I assume by now everyone's heard about how the Catholic church has their panties in a wad about the government birth control plan. I thought that if an institution receives federal funding it has to abide by certain standards. Many people I know are discussing this on facebook. Some agree and other's don't. Those in opposition have some really odd arguments. What's you opinion? What exactly does the law state? What precedents exist to support your claim?

I will post a link to an article but if you're familiar with the story it's unnecessary to read the article. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46343533/#.Tzca4LGiGb4
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Reply



Messages In This Thread
The Obama health plan and the Catholic church - by Ziploc Surprise - February 11, 2012 at 10:08 pm
RE: The Obama health plan and the Catholic church - by Violet - February 13, 2012 at 3:06 am
RE: The Obama health plan and the Catholic church - by Jaysyn - February 13, 2012 at 7:27 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Former Catholic MR. Macabre 666 12 4487 October 2, 2023 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Health class christian teacher..... brewer 7 2429 March 26, 2021 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: no one
  What does "Separation of Church and State" mean? Jackie 54 13511 March 9, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 10913 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: awty
  Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told.... Angrboda 4 1941 July 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Being Catholic isn't an ethnic thing. Joods 0 1341 March 12, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Joods
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 113441 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Will God's plan destroy religion? solewatchman 31 13972 April 14, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Does fasting actually have health benefits? ReptilianPeon 26 9277 June 22, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The connection between Catholic priests and Muhammadan pedo gangs? ReptilianPeon 18 9933 May 17, 2015 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)