Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Having Far More Respect For Beliefs Of Non Judeo Christian Theists
#18
RE: Having Far More Respect For Beliefs Of Non Judeo Christian Theists
Buddhism is always self critical and introspective. Divinity is within, it's not "out there". Agreed that any buddhist can be delusional or hateful as an individual, the Dharma teachings though will not support or justify any evil actions as perhaps the Bible can. Most of Buddha's words are very clear, concise and direct. There is little room for ambiguity or misinterpretation. The most complex teachings are generally mystical and do not relate to ethical justice or moral righteousness yet rather to states of mind and inner awareness. For example the concept of Emptiness.

I think this also applies to hindu, jainism but I am not as qualified or informed on these religions in depth as I am with my own. So I don't see how any of these teachings can justify or rationalize bad behavior. I will admit that I am not a "saintly" man by any means, for I can be extremely selfish and vindictive at times, but when I humble myself and open my mind to Buddha's remarkable wisdom, I ALWAYS find myself loving life and loving all others a little bit more than before. Even my so-called enemies! Smile I have no enemies, only people I don't really know yet...
You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Buddha FSM Grin



Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Having Far More Respect For Beliefs Of Non Judeo Christian Theists - by Bgood - February 25, 2012 at 4:07 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God created life with the appearance of having evolved FreethinkingSceptic 8 2139 March 6, 2026 at 6:13 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  New Way of practicing Old Beliefs Leonardo17 38 14886 February 26, 2025 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists, provide your arguments for God. Disagreeable 41 11431 August 9, 2024 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Serious question about thoughts on theists Kingpin 118 33134 May 18, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can you be a "Non religious muslim"? Woah0 31 9681 August 22, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Theists: What is your stance on evolution? Agnostic1 118 32192 March 27, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  How often do your beliefs change? Ahriman 37 10371 January 23, 2022 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Persistent Non-Symbolic Experiences Ahriman 0 1050 August 18, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 41470 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: awty
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 10913 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: awty



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)