'If asked, I'll tell' has been my policy in the past. I'm pretty sure most of my friends know, some people at work do, my father's side of the family does (although I was in my forties before any of them wondered if I was anything but a lapsed Pentecostal). I'm reconsidering the policy though, in light of the pestering I get from my dad's side. I think if someone on my mother's side (different flavor of Pentecostal) asks, I'll just tell 'em I'm a Unitarian (true enough) to avoid the hassle. Unless someone else told them, no one at work who 'outranks' me knows: I'd rather not put my conservative Catholic boss in the position of possibly being influenced in her decisions about me by something that isn't any of her business anyway, and she (quite properly, in my opinion) has never asked.
Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 9:46 pm
Thread Rating:
|
What Kind of Atheist are you?
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)


