Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 10:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church stance on gay marriage "for good of society", says Bishop Michael Nazi
RE: Church stance on gay marriage "for good of society", says Bishop Michael Nazi
In much the same way that you've disregarded a group of people (and anything they might offer in their desire to be treated with similar respect and dignity that you would claim for yourself, going so far as to desire protection from people who can be demonstrably shown to be willing to enact violence upon them for this one difference) yes, and that's the point, isn't it?

All you have is "They aren't normal", "They're defective". Excuse me for finding these assertions just a tad less than convincing. I've already heard you elaborate upon them at length, but your elaborations mean very little to me since I can simply dismiss them (and you) by the very same line of reasoning that you would leverage against homosexuals and homosexuality. Do I find your rationalizations convincing? No. Would I personally employ them? No. However, since you seem to be intent upon doing so, I'm merely suggesting that the application of these rationalizations should be consistent.

You are abnormal, you are defective, and you have no right to argue otherwise, because this would be publicizing your lifestyle choices, and again, it is offensive to my decency (why this itself matters is a mystery to me, but you seem to think that it does so I'm going with it).

I agree, btw, it isn't a matter of philosophy, except insomuch as that your philosophy -is- bigotry. Bigotry plain and bare, elevated to the point of a guiding principle from which you draw a conception of a social or political ideal. All of this after waffling around about what you claimed to be clearly expressed in scripture, as though it provided some sort of justification, or added any credibility to your position even if you weren't in error (which you were).

I get so incredibly tired of watching you shit all over these boards and then retreat to "These are my last words on the subject" style cop outs in each and every case. Even so, I don't attempt to tell you that you shouldn't be able to try and make your case, which is precisely the position you've taken with regards to homosexuals.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Church stance on gay marriage "for good of society", says Bishop Michael Nazi - by The Grand Nudger - April 26, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1196 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1509 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 364 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 558 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Exhorting Atheists to Solve Society's Ills Prof.Lunaphiles 21 2028 April 18, 2020 at 3:49 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1688 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why wasn't Trump destroyed like Michael Jackson? WinterHold 11 1282 January 2, 2020 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1582 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Saudi Arabia: a stance against the beast WinterHold 4 500 November 8, 2018 at 1:02 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Ideologues - The Biggest Danger to a Society Mechaghostman2 15 1549 August 30, 2018 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger