Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage?
Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage?
SCOTUS has all but given the green light to outlaw contraception, homosexual unions and/or activity, and yes, even interracial marriage.  Is the last a bridge too far for social conservatives?  The reasoning that the majority gave in the demise of Roe can certainly be applied to other SCOTUS decisions.
RE: Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage?
(July 24, 2022 at 1:13 pm)Jehanne Wrote: SCOTUS has all but given the green light to outlaw contraception, homosexual unions and/or activity, and yes, even interracial marriage.  Is the last a bridge too far for social conservatives?  The reasoning that the majority gave in the demise of Roe can certainly be applied to other SCOTUS decisions.

As long as Justice Thomas is married to his current wife, this Court will vigorously defend interracial marriage. If Brett Kavanaugh decides he want live in wedded bliss with an Atlantic codfish, look for the Court to support inter-species marriage as well.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 24, 2022 at 1:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 24, 2022 at 1:13 pm)Jehanne Wrote: SCOTUS has all but given the green light to outlaw contraception, homosexual unions and/or activity, and yes, even interracial marriage.  Is the last a bridge too far for social conservatives?  The reasoning that the majority gave in the demise of Roe can certainly be applied to other SCOTUS decisions.

As long as Justice Thomas is married to his current wife, this Court will vigorously defend interracial marriage. If Brett Kavanaugh decides he want live in wedded bliss with an Atlantic codfish, look for the Court to support inter-species marriage as well.

Boru

I always thought Brett kavanagh and a dozen moray eels would be a beautiful thing together.
(July 24, 2022 at 3:17 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(July 24, 2022 at 1:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: As long as Justice Thomas is married to his current wife, this Court will vigorously defend interracial marriage. If Brett Kavanaugh decides he want live in wedded bliss with an Atlantic codfish, look for the Court to support inter-species marriage as well.

Boru

I always thought Brett kavanagh and a dozen moray eels would be a beautiful thing together.

What's black and brown and would look good on conservative "justices"?

Angry Rottweillers.
Dying to live, living to die.

They're waiting until they can throw Clarence Thomas into a KZ first.

Now that they're coming for him, who is left to speak out?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Maybe Clarence doesn’t want to give up half of everything he owns.

He might be okay with abolishing interracial marriage..

(July 25, 2022 at 6:08 pm)h4ym4n Wrote: Maybe Clarence doesn’t want to give up half of everything he owns.

At this point, Ginnie's political baggage is a bit of an anchor. Literally a ball & chain.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
When I lived on Ft. Jackson, I was the assistant to our area's mayor in housing. He was a black man who was a stay at home dad while his white wife was the soldier. I remember him telling me that when he and wife married and went to the beach for their honeymoon (in SC) they were called everything but their names.

It may not become illegal...Justice Thomas or not...but it's not easy being an interracial couple in SC.

For a time a friend of middle daughter lived with us as her mother threw her out right before HS graduation simply because she was dating a black guy. Mother didn't accept her grandson till he was nearly grown.

Always baffled me as the father of this girl was Native American. I guess it's how dark the shade of the skin that was in issue for her.

Many areas of the American South are still fighting the Civil War....or the war of Northern Aggression as it's popularly referred to.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 25, 2022 at 6:11 pm)Angrboda Wrote:
(July 25, 2022 at 6:08 pm)h4ym4n Wrote: Maybe Clarence doesn’t want to give up half of everything he owns.

At this point, Ginnie's political baggage is a bit of an anchor.  Literally a ball & chain.

Won't matter if he isn't onboard.  The nuts have a majority without him. I wonder if he's ever done that math? I'm not willing to entertain any silly notion about how they would go after a white womans uterus, but not a black mans marriage.

IDK if it's even prudent to imagine that clarence wouldn't be onboard. Did Amy join the dissent when they gutted roe on account of her being a uterus holding device?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 25, 2022 at 6:22 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: When I lived on Ft. Jackson, I was the assistant to our area's mayor in housing.  He was a black man who was a stay at home dad while his white wife was the soldier.  I remember him telling me that when he and wife married and went to the beach for their honeymoon (in SC) they were called everything but their names.

It is ironic (and, just nuts that strangers would heckle any interracial couple) that I, as a transgender female, have suffered verbal abuse on a number of occasions from African Americans.  Not to derail my own thread, but, just to point out a very real irony, for me at least.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The United States now enters the phase of mass executions. Jehanne 48 3918 November 18, 2022 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  The United States and the growing divide zwanzig 73 3474 September 24, 2021 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3150 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 514 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1524 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1528 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why don't the dictator regimes be punished by the west? WinterHold 14 1119 March 8, 2019 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  [Serious] Dozens Of Crazed Trump Supporters Form “Human Wall” Along Southern Border Cepheus Ace 40 2647 February 19, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  And......this is why I don't vote Foxaèr 44 4050 November 8, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Seven states bar people with a criminal record from receiving victim's compensation Angrboda 34 2314 September 23, 2018 at 5:16 am
Last Post: viocjit