Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage.
Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage.
It was widely believed by Christians of all faiths a century to two ago that God had created the races separately, which is why interracial marriage was considered an abomination before God, and therefore, forbidden by natural and divine law.  If Christians win (for the moment) here in the near future with the Supreme Court, and discrimination against trans (such as myself) is deemed to be constitutionally protected speech and/or freedom of religion, how is such any different than a Christian business owner, health care worker, foster agency, etc., denying services, benefits, etc., to interracial couples, if such "offends" their religious beliefs?
RE: Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage.
It isn’t.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
When you start out with the basic premise of "God created it" - it's not real surprising that you're going to have a fuckslew of bad ideas......
(April 18, 2021 at 11:54 am)Jehanne Wrote: It was widely believed by Christians of all faiths a century to two ago that God had created the races separately, which is why interracial marriage was considered an abomination before God, and therefore, forbidden by natural and divine law.  If Christians win (for the moment) here in the near future with the Supreme Court, and discrimination against trans (such as myself) is deemed to be constitutionally protected speech and/or freedom of religion, how is such any different than a Christian business owner, health care worker, foster agency, etc., denying services, benefits, etc., to interracial couples, if such "offends" their religious beliefs?

From my experience, the answer is either A) "It's different from back then because shut up", B) "What the Hell makes you think I'm against discrimination against interracial couples?" Or C) "Maybe I am technically against it, but I'm even more against the government saying it's okay for them to dictate what business can say or do because free market." And something tells me that, these days, B and C are going to be far more commonly espoused than A among right-wingers.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1113 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1515 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1517 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Liberals versus Leftists Neo-Scholastic 67 11639 November 5, 2017 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Diversity versus Inequality Neo-Scholastic 10 1211 December 1, 2016 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Trump versus Clinton? Jehanne 571 51920 April 1, 2016 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Atheists, do you support same-sex marriage? TristanTeller 72 15541 July 31, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Your views on MARRIAGE Catholic_Lady 213 34874 July 12, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  GOP to unveil bill to stop affirmation of same-sex marriage Foxaèr 10 3174 April 23, 2015 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Supreme Court to decide on marriage equality Ryantology 21 3687 January 17, 2015 at 1:38 am
Last Post: vorlon13