Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 2:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant of logic: There is no such thing as a "Christian"
RE: Rant of logic: There is no such thing as a "Christian"
(June 25, 2012 at 12:01 pm)whateverist Wrote: I've lifted the ban I placed on viewing your posts, Drich. Welcome back to the fold. I know, I know .. it is hard to believe your good fortune, right?

(June 25, 2012 at 10:15 am)Drich Wrote: In short Christianity is a religious effort dedicated to Christ because of the sacerficed He made. Not because He laid out all of it's doctrine. (What do you think all of the books after the gospels were for?)

Hard to resist such a set up line .. NT as TP?

But seriously if anyone thinks Jesus' message was about transcendence and that following him was code for realizing god within, then the answer to your question becomes "to take control of what Jesus was selling, re-brand it as a post-death experience and set the terms and price of admission." On a cynical view, that is the purpose of all the books of the bible including the gospels.

Welcome back. Cool Shades

Actually the Synoptic gospels were a 4 wittness tesitmony to the Birth, life, ministry, Death, burial, and resurection of Christ. The Gospels collective purpose is to establish the Deity of Christ, His role as the Lamb of God, and ulitmate sacerfice for sin. "His teachings" Centered around what He was supposed to do and why. Subsequently His deciples were also taught what they need to start the Chruch. Again what was known as ' Christianity' did not start till Acts chapter 2 (After Christ returned to Heaven, and the Holy Spirit was poured out onto the Chruch.)

If anything the Chruch is modeled after the teaching of the Holy Spirit as witnessed through the works and words of men like Peter and Paul. Not as the direct teachings of Christ. Because again the bulk of Christ's works outlined the principles needed to establish His own Deity and comming sacerfice christ is responsiable for the paradyme shift from OT Judism to NT Christianity, and He did plant and push the new direction of the Church, but the day to day Religious Christianity was the work of the Apstoles, recorded in the books between Acts and Reveations.

With so many responses from you since my shunning It did even feel like I had gone. Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rant of logic: There is no such thing as a "Christian" - by Drich - June 25, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When logic fails, falsely play victim. Brian37 9 1144 January 31, 2021 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 91683 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Are there any Christian proselytizers left in this subforum? Jehanne 157 22361 October 8, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christian Logic brewer 22 3935 June 13, 2018 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 5857 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The benefits of being christian. Where are there??? Dnte 212 36695 February 2, 2018 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is there another motivation for christian belief? brewer 118 18372 September 23, 2016 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  Christian Logic Incognito 8 1318 June 11, 2016 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I don't get God's logic at all ErGingerbreadMandude 7 2008 June 2, 2016 at 4:30 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So is crucifiction a bad or a good thing? Longhorn 75 22722 December 17, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Cyberman