Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 3:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Gonna commit suicide. Your theories of where I go.
#64
RE: Gonna commit suicide. Your theories of where I go.
(June 30, 2012 at 6:19 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Suicide is the final insult at a world you want to get back at. It's the ultimate selfish act, and a selfish thought process. It's the opposite to the instict to survive...

Thank you fr0d0 for so nicely summarizing the misconceptions people have about the act of suicide. Yes, some people have killed themselves for selfish reasons, but the act of suicide itself is not inherently selfish.


I have hidden the rest of my response to this, because it could be a trigger for some people, so if you're not feeling well, don't read this.




fr0d0 Wrote:I certainly care less than nothing about an afterlife. I do see the point of getting the most out of life, and thoughts of suicide are the polar opposite of that. That is how my religious understanding influences me.

This isn't really directed at you, kind fr0d0, but I used your quote to illustrate another point.

There are times and places to talk about religion, the afterlife, God or no God, but when someone is discussing mental health issues, save the fire and brimstone bullshit for later. I'm horrified at GC for his comments here, but I let them slide since I am almost certain this person is not going to commit suicide(if you are, get help, call a hotline). When people are mentally ill, it becomes their primary issue that they must deal with. Before anything else can be truly accomplished, the illness must be under control, so telling people with suicidal tendencies that they are going to go to hell is as appropriate as asking the president how long his dick is at his inauguration. If you want to spread your word, as we all know you do, don't do it to the mentally ill when they are having an episode. Sell your snake oil afterwards.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell



Messages In This Thread
RE: Gonna commit suicide. Your theories of where I go. - by Faith No More - June 30, 2012 at 11:49 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My not-so-fatal Suicide. Goosebump 7 2534 July 28, 2021 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Suicide among Christians purplepurpose 6 2014 May 29, 2021 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Let's start some conspiracy theories. Gawdzilla Sama 76 25158 July 13, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  assisted suicide vs suicide prevention Catholic_Lady 130 44238 June 18, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Sad Scenario: Is He Your Husband or Your Project? Rhondazvous 23 6538 June 17, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do you have the courage to commit suicide in case if terminal disease? Macoleco 62 20901 April 18, 2018 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Why Would I Keep My Enemies Close? Rhondazvous 26 8606 January 8, 2018 at 9:05 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Does it take courage or cowardice to commit suicide? ErGingerbreadMandude 35 11469 November 30, 2017 at 8:59 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the Last 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? vorlon13 30 11940 August 21, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the First 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? Rhondazvous 58 21172 August 20, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)