Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 9:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gonna commit suicide. Your theories of where I go.
RE: Gonna commit suicide. Your theories of where I go.
(June 30, 2012 at 6:19 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Suicide is the final insult at a world you want to get back at. It's the ultimate selfish act, and a selfish thought process. It's the opposite to the instict to survive...

Thank you fr0d0 for so nicely summarizing the misconceptions people have about the act of suicide. Yes, some people have killed themselves for selfish reasons, but the act of suicide itself is not inherently selfish.

I have hidden the rest of my response to this, because it could be a trigger for some people, so if you're not feeling well, don't read this.

fr0d0 Wrote:I certainly care less than nothing about an afterlife. I do see the point of getting the most out of life, and thoughts of suicide are the polar opposite of that. That is how my religious understanding influences me.

This isn't really directed at you, kind fr0d0, but I used your quote to illustrate another point.

There are times and places to talk about religion, the afterlife, God or no God, but when someone is discussing mental health issues, save the fire and brimstone bullshit for later. I'm horrified at GC for his comments here, but I let them slide since I am almost certain this person is not going to commit suicide(if you are, get help, call a hotline). When people are mentally ill, it becomes their primary issue that they must deal with. Before anything else can be truly accomplished, the illness must be under control, so telling people with suicidal tendencies that they are going to go to hell is as appropriate as asking the president how long his dick is at his inauguration. If you want to spread your word, as we all know you do, don't do it to the mentally ill when they are having an episode. Sell your snake oil afterwards.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gonna commit suicide. Your theories of where I go. - by Faith No More - June 30, 2012 at 11:49 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My not-so-fatal Suicide. Goosebump 7 899 July 28, 2021 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Suicide among Christians purplepurpose 6 387 May 29, 2021 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Let's start some conspiracy theories. Gawdzilla Sama 76 11144 July 13, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  assisted suicide vs suicide prevention Catholic_Lady 130 17558 June 18, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Do you have the courage to commit suicide in case if terminal disease? Macoleco 62 9809 April 18, 2018 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Does it take courage or cowardice to commit suicide? ErGingerbreadMandude 35 5353 November 30, 2017 at 8:59 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  When your significant other threatens suicide Tangra 6 1293 December 14, 2016 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Suicide Shinagami 78 9823 August 12, 2015 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Shinagami
  GOP Political suicide and you dyresand 14 2720 June 30, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Is suicide wrong? Angrboda 91 14028 June 7, 2014 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Violet