Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2026, 10:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Gonna commit suicide. Your theories of where I go.
#67
RE: Gonna commit suicide. Your theories of where I go.
Thanks for your responses. WC: yes I wouldn't include what you described. Even better (well, i think i understand it better) is the similar kind of thing I've seen old red indians do.

You've posted some really good stuff on the subject FNM. I wasn't sure regarding the apparent insensitivity of what i put but i thought I put it out there anyway. I'm posting from my phone which is kinda limiting. I have been in that place myself, and councelled people in this position, and in my experience i would say that it is almost always selfishness at work. Why broadcast it? Why not minimise the hurt to others if it's only you and no one can help you?

When I was there, home truths were what I needed and I appreciated the one person who told me straight rather than the many who placated me with sympathy which was of no help.

Your elaboration is great FNM. I just don't feel my input is irrelevant. We already have too much soft & useless advice. My intention is far from derision.

Yes Shell I've been there and I stick by my conclusion. I sure didn't want to be in that place. Why would you choose years of misery to the extent that you couldn't bear it. I believe the selfish route is to entertain the negativity.

Yes Nap I've witheld much kudos for the same reason. Petty I know! Big Grin

I meant how I believe in positivity and my religious rationalisations follow that trend. I wasn't religious during my depression, and it had nothing to do with my recovery. The OP was asking about our ideas on life after death which is the only reason I mentioned it.



Messages In This Thread
RE: Gonna commit suicide. Your theories of where I go. - by fr0d0 - June 30, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My not-so-fatal Suicide. Goosebump 7 2532 July 28, 2021 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Suicide among Christians purplepurpose 6 2012 May 29, 2021 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Let's start some conspiracy theories. Gawdzilla Sama 76 25047 July 13, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  assisted suicide vs suicide prevention Catholic_Lady 130 44187 June 18, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Sad Scenario: Is He Your Husband or Your Project? Rhondazvous 23 6453 June 17, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do you have the courage to commit suicide in case if terminal disease? Macoleco 62 20795 April 18, 2018 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Why Would I Keep My Enemies Close? Rhondazvous 26 8515 January 8, 2018 at 9:05 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Does it take courage or cowardice to commit suicide? ErGingerbreadMandude 35 11460 November 30, 2017 at 8:59 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the Last 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? vorlon13 30 11914 August 21, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the First 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? Rhondazvous 58 21149 August 20, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)