Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 21, 2024, 1:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Divine Inspiration
RE: Divine Inspiration
(October 6, 2012 at 11:35 pm)Darkstar Wrote: There is nothing that can be substituted for morality as a standard.
God's Righteousness is the standard in which your 'morality/Self righteousness' was derived.

God set a standard. One man could not ever hope to obtain. So rather than seeking attonement Man creates his own version of 'righteousness' Or Self righteousness and dubbs it 'morality.' fast forward a few thousand years and now man judges God with this ever changing standard. The really brave take this self righteousness and then turn it and say because God does not submit Himself to this standard He is not 'moral' as if that were a standard to begin with.

Quote:God's self righteousness knows no bounds. All righteousness is god's self righteousness. If you think that you are incapable of differentiating between right and wrong, then it is your problem. I don't need god to tell me not to steal, or not to stone someone to death for picking up sticks on a Sunday...if it wasn't obvious: Numbers15:32-36

So? He's god. When one is the creator one makes the rules for all others to live by.

Quote:So having morals is sinful...
Being self righteous is sinful yes!!!

Quote:we should just repent perpetually, rather than try to be good people because we will all eventually make at least one mistake in our lives.
Do you even know what 'repent' means? You have used it incorrectly in this statement.

Quote:Or they would say "forget this! Let's do whatever we want!"
Kinda like what has happened.. almost like if it were planned out somehow!

Quote:Treat someone like a monster for long enough and they start to act like one.
If that is what they have in their hearts. Yes.

Quote:Here's the problem: by 'sinful' you mean imperfect.
No by sinful I mean what the bible identifies as sin. Anything outside the Expressed will of God.

Quote:There are varying degrees of 'sinfulness', and lumping murderers in with the same group as social workers is unfair. Of course, you are convinced that the entire human race is garbage, and even more of garbage to dare think otherwise, so why bother debating this point with you?
Christ 'lumped' Murders and people who bore a grudge with others into the same group in Mat 5.

Quote:I see now. You are so utterly incapable of questioning that you will always assume that god is just. How do you know god is not evil?
Honestly answer this question I have asked it several times now and you seem to be avoiding it. If God is evil then how would you know? Because it is to God's standard in which we are judged. How can we judge God. Who would perside over Him? Who would prnounce sentence and who would see that it was carried out?

Even if there were some magical force that maintained good and evil apart from God and we could identify God as evil, then it is by an evil God we were created and it is by an evil God we must serve.

That is why you have been given this life. for if you think you have found this magical standard and can not live with God forever because you have judged him too evil then know you have the oppertunity to opt out of eternity with Him.

Quote:...what are you talking about!?! Are you saying that the jews wanted the holocaust? Hell no
I am saying Jews have prayed from the holocaust in 70AD till the one started by hitler in the 1940's to get their home (jerusalem) back. And I will also say that for any Jew who has earestly prayed this prayer from 70ad till the 1940's would have gladly given their lives to have this happen. I am also saying this was the cost (the Holocaust) the world needed to see the Jews pay inorder to justify the home comming of the Jews to their promised land.

Quote:Then explain why so many of them desperately tried to avoid dying.
Because they did not know why they were dying.

Quote:It sounds like he knew of your 'vision', which would make it a self-fulfilling prophecy.
ROFLOL Now you being desperate. I said hi to the man 2 times before He spoke to me and offered me money. How did John know anything?

Quote:Even if not, I don't know how this proves god. He didn't even say 'god told me to give you this money'.
ROFLOL So you had a man give offer you this kind of money for any reason?

Quote:I am wondering two things now:
1. If you admit it will never have meaning to me, then why use it in a debate? (Now, in this case I kind of prompted you to, so it's different).
Till this point in 5 years of answering peoples questions (thousands and thousands of questions) I have never used this story. I have never used this story in church nor any other out reach. The only time I tell this story is when people ask How i got started in this business, and when someone (you) asked how did God give me money as a way to full fill what the messenger told me. That's it. outside of my family I have maybe spoken of this 6 times total.
I told this to you because you asked "for the reason of the 'joy' inside of me" in this instance. I was obligated to share.

Quote:2. If that happened to me, it wouldn't prove anything.
So why should God approach you this way? Maybe you need to be broken, maybe you need to have your health taken away, or the health oof a loved one, or maybe you need to marry someone with a substance abuse problem, or maybe you need to worry or pray over you children to have God let you go to the edge or maybe over the edge and pull you back or help you rebuild. I don't know what you will need as Proof, but God does It all depends on how hard you let your heart become. So if you want to know with absolute certainty, then all you have to do is Ask, Seek and knock and be faith to what you have been given.

Quote:Why does god only give individual proof?
Again: Because it allows people like you to not be forced into belief and self perservation mode. If this were to happen your life, this whole realm would be meaningless.

Quote:Why does god value belief over worship and obedience.
Because true belief requires something the other two do not. and if one can truly believe then that means he has truly humbled Himself before God and allow God to lift him up. Fore we are told none can believe without the Help of the Holy Spirit. We are told by Christ in luke 11 how to obtain our measure of the Holy Spirit. A/S/K Which requires the smallest amount of faith and a whole lot of humiltiy (appearently for some as witnessed by your next statement: )

Quote:I won't obey something I don't believe exists, and there are atheists who wish god were real.

Quote: Why won't he reveal himself?
Maybe you should rephrase and ask: Why won't god reveal Himself to me when I command?

Because He is God and YOU are no body. Again if you demanded Obama to appear before you and proove himself to you would he? No, of course not. why? (same reason) Now if a leader of one nation can (and rightfully should blow you off) then why would the creator of EVERYTHING do anything more for you than what has already been done? If you can't be bothered to humble yourself like every other man who has ever sought an audience with Him then why should he do anything for you?

Quote: It is not our duty to play hide and seek with him, as it is a wild goose chase with no time limit if he doesn't exist, and yet could still take decades if he does. If we only have one life, I won't waste it searching for something that I don't believe exists.
Meh, then don't.

Quote:You and god are both making unreasonable demands. You say we won't find evidence for him until after we have already convinced ourselves of him.
I did not say that at all. you are confusing you old standby christian arguements with what I have told you. I said all you need is enough faith to ask seek and knock, and when God gives you something be faithful to it.

Quote:Then we can let confirmation bias and credulity run rampant to our hearts content and find all of the personal 'proof' we need, while never finding any actual evidence.
Just out of curisoity what does 'evidence of God' look like?

Quote:Exactly my point. He makes "thou shall not kill" a commandment, while making breaking any of the top four commandments a killing offense. Remember the stick gaterer from earlier in the post?
We've discussed this. I can give you the Hebrew word if you like. The command is YOU Shall not Murder. Not Kill. Murder is the unsanctioned taking of a Human life. If God commands the genocide of an entire race or even planet then the taking of human life is indeed sanctioned.

Taking of human life in of itself is not a sin. It is the taking of life when not sanctioned by God is the sin.

Messages In This Thread
Divine Inspiration - by FallentoReason - September 28, 2012 at 11:18 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - September 28, 2012 at 5:04 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - September 28, 2012 at 5:44 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - September 29, 2012 at 12:25 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - September 29, 2012 at 12:35 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - September 29, 2012 at 12:46 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - September 29, 2012 at 12:57 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by MysticKnight - September 29, 2012 at 12:46 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Cato - September 28, 2012 at 5:58 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by FallentoReason - September 28, 2012 at 9:59 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Minimalist - September 28, 2012 at 6:03 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Kayenneh - September 28, 2012 at 6:09 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by MysticKnight - September 28, 2012 at 10:04 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by FallentoReason - September 29, 2012 at 12:51 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - September 29, 2012 at 8:38 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Waratah - September 29, 2012 at 1:13 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by FallentoReason - September 29, 2012 at 1:05 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by FallentoReason - September 29, 2012 at 1:49 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - September 29, 2012 at 9:06 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - September 29, 2012 at 9:15 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by FallentoReason - September 29, 2012 at 10:15 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - September 29, 2012 at 11:14 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - September 29, 2012 at 11:37 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - September 30, 2012 at 12:33 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - September 30, 2012 at 3:14 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - September 30, 2012 at 8:35 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - September 30, 2012 at 9:13 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - September 30, 2012 at 10:59 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - October 1, 2012 at 12:04 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 1, 2012 at 9:59 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - October 1, 2012 at 11:38 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 1, 2012 at 12:39 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - October 1, 2012 at 12:57 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 1, 2012 at 8:56 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - October 1, 2012 at 10:56 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 2, 2012 at 9:48 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - October 2, 2012 at 12:06 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 2, 2012 at 2:09 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - October 2, 2012 at 3:23 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 2, 2012 at 5:06 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - October 2, 2012 at 8:14 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 2, 2012 at 10:26 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - October 2, 2012 at 11:02 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 6, 2012 at 3:14 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - October 6, 2012 at 4:08 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 6, 2012 at 9:50 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - October 6, 2012 at 11:35 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 7, 2012 at 12:55 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by genkaus - October 8, 2012 at 3:25 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Creed of Heresy - September 29, 2012 at 11:37 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by FallentoReason - September 30, 2012 at 4:48 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by FallentoReason - October 1, 2012 at 12:05 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 1, 2012 at 9:33 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Whateverist - October 1, 2012 at 9:47 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 1, 2012 at 11:10 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by FallentoReason - October 1, 2012 at 11:03 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by FallentoReason - October 1, 2012 at 11:45 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by FallentoReason - October 1, 2012 at 8:22 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by FallentoReason - October 1, 2012 at 11:22 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 1, 2012 at 11:41 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - October 1, 2012 at 11:52 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Polaris - October 2, 2012 at 12:30 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by The Grand Nudger - October 2, 2012 at 3:46 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Minimalist - October 2, 2012 at 11:37 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - October 7, 2012 at 1:24 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 7, 2012 at 11:59 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - October 7, 2012 at 12:04 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Drich - October 7, 2012 at 12:36 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Darkstar - October 7, 2012 at 10:19 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by The Grand Nudger - October 7, 2012 at 11:35 pm
RE: Divine Inspiration - by KichigaiNeko - October 8, 2012 at 7:04 am
RE: Divine Inspiration - by Something completely different - October 8, 2012 at 9:13 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunk the divine origin LinuxGal 35 2507 October 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Divine Inspiration Foxaèr 172 17664 September 2, 2019 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Stoneheart
  Formally Disproving Divine Command Theory FallentoReason 74 24866 April 21, 2013 at 9:27 am
Last Post: ThomM
  Divine Revelation FallentoReason 91 22940 January 25, 2013 at 5:36 am
Last Post: Pompey
  Free Will vs Divine Won't - How God Favours Evil Cyberman 22 11990 April 1, 2012 at 11:35 am
Last Post: C Rod