Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 11:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please help me with Banu Qurayza story
RE: Please help me with Banu Qurayza story
I was an atheist and had no Muslims in my family before I converted and grew up in a mainly atheist school - so there you are wrong.

Your sources you showed me stated that it was under the Qurayzas own law "Mosaic law" that they were killed.

The sources also say that they accepted it cos - believe it or not - they believed in their laws...

That's what your sources say.

It is just silly to call it genocide also.

I think you are just projecting your own doubts on to me.

To portray the events as genocide is unfair to the meaning of genocide and untrue to the sources that you showed me.

I had been a non-Muslim atheist til 21 years old you see - disproving your strange back story... Uh oh!

Anyway as I say - the event did happen but if you actually read the sources you will see that it was not according to Muhammad's hate for Jews - no: your sources showed that this was a carrying out of a punishment according to Jewish law and that the Qurayza accepted it. Also I study Islam at university and like Muslim scholars I do not solely take Muslim sources as authoritative.

Hence you were mistaken about the brainwashing stuff and non-Muslim stuff - I agree wholeheartedly with the non-Muslim you quoted as saying it was a punishment under Jewish law.

I also accept fully that there was sadly and - as the evidence you showed me said: the slaughter was accepted.

So... I won't get you to explicitly apologise for your mistaken assumptions about me but at least this.

Do you accept that the evidence you showed me said it was a punishment under Jewish law and that the Banu Qurayza accepted the punishment?

Please - yes or no...

(PS I use Mosaic law to mean the law of Moses AKA Jewish law found in Deuteronomy - as scholars of religion do)

PS - chill with the bad manners please: show me the fruits of this 'truth' you've discovered.

I mean - this agnosticism has improved you in some way?

I used to be such a chilled out agnostic!

I didn't get my back up too much.

PS I'm having this conversation in the hope that, even if you are agnostic, you might respect the evidence and not join in the plight of those people who just hate your family because they are not atheist/Christian/something else but claim to be Muslim. Christian fundamentalists wave this story about like mad, as well as keyboard warrior atheists but it wouldn't stand to reason in my University or any other to put forward this story as genocide: first of all because the evidence available shows the administration and acceptance of a punishment under Deuteronomical law by the tribe, second to deny the evidence (allowed) is to put one in an agnostic mode (also allowed) or put one into a mode of just making up the story how they want (which just isn't accepted in our universities...)

Trust the truth - accept your mistakes: move on to the next argument. I'd live you to because it was the continual effort to disprove the truth of Islam which brought me to such a high and deep understanding of its clear truth - Alhamdulillah! Smile

Follow the white man's way - truth through falsification!
Kudos given by (1): Dawud

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please help me with Banu Qurayza story - by Dawud - March 12, 2013 at 10:13 am
RE: Please help me with Banu Qurayza story - by Dawud - March 15, 2013 at 5:11 pm
RE: Please help me with Banu Qurayza story - by Dawud - March 16, 2013 at 7:51 am
RE: Please help me with Banu Qurayza story - by Dawud - March 16, 2013 at 8:04 am
RE: Please help me with Banu Qurayza story - by Dawud - March 16, 2013 at 10:44 am
RE: Please help me with Banu Qurayza story - by Dawud - March 16, 2013 at 10:46 am
RE: Please help me with Banu Qurayza story - by Dawud - March 17, 2013 at 6:34 am
RE: Please help me with Banu Qurayza story - by Dawud - March 17, 2013 at 4:59 pm
RE: Please help me with Banu Qurayza story - by Dawud - March 17, 2013 at 6:32 pm
RE: Please help me with Banu Qurayza story - by Dawud - March 18, 2013 at 5:55 am
RE: Please help me with Banu Qurayza story - by Dawud - March 18, 2013 at 12:10 pm
RE: Please help me with Banu Qurayza story - by Dawud - March 18, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 2327 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Muslims , please answer this . Enlightened Ape 13 2271 August 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The story of the garden, and anti-immigration opinions WinterHold 5 966 June 26, 2018 at 5:36 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Saudi Arabia: a story of pure darkness WinterHold 18 4667 December 12, 2017 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Brian37
  My Story On How I Left Islam Lebneni Murtad 11 4570 July 5, 2017 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: Incognito
  Story shows how dumb Muhammad's followers were exMohammed 7 2820 August 22, 2014 at 11:38 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Islam - The Untold Story Justtristo 2 1615 December 17, 2012 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome