Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam - The Untold Story
Islam - The Untold Story
Recently I watched a fascinating documentary entitled Islam The Untold Story. The presenter historian Tom Holland argues that we cannot rely on orthodox Islamic sources concerning the origins of the Islamic religion. Because it lacks supporting evidence and also it was written at least a century or two after the times which is purported covers.

Using the evidence we do have, the presenter argues that Islam emerged as a religion decades after the Arab conquest of the Middle East. Also that the Quran was written in the Levant rather than in Arabia.

I recommend whole heartly people watch this, because this documentary is like The God Who Wasn't There for Christianity.
undefined
RE: Islam - The Untold Story

The video is good - the book is much, much better.
RE: Islam - The Untold Story
You know there is this absurd belief in some parts of the Muslim world that the Quran is exactly like a Quran that exists in heaven, even though it only existed orally for decades. Unless the ancient middle east was replete with photographic memories, it's almost assuredly changed. I don't know that it matters though how all these shitty religions started. They exist today and the faithful will not be persuaded by evidence, hence why they are the faithful.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 2099 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7876 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  The story of the garden, and anti-immigration opinions WinterHold 5 939 June 26, 2018 at 5:36 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Saudi Arabia: a story of pure darkness WinterHold 18 4545 December 12, 2017 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Brian37
  My Story On How I Left Islam Lebneni Murtad 11 4504 July 5, 2017 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: Incognito
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5486 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Story shows how dumb Muhammad's followers were exMohammed 7 2793 August 22, 2014 at 11:38 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33869 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Please help me with Banu Qurayza story Meylis Delano Lawrence 35 11645 March 18, 2013 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Meylis Delano Lawrence