Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2026, 2:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
would you use a time machine to change your past
#12
RE: would you use a time machine to change your past
I would go into the future and acquire some super-advanced technology. Then I would go back to the 8th century with that technology, use it to convince everyone that I was God, and while I have their attention, make them discard the savage and brutal scripture they follow by issuing all new commandments. I would give them clues which would point them towards useful scientific advances. And, I would do this all over the world to make sure everyone gets the message.

More realistically, I would go back in time and end up in the dead cold of space trillions of miles away from Earth because whoever made the time machine didn't account for the fact that the sun is not stationary in the galaxy.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: would you use a time machine to change your past - by Ryantology - April 9, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Is the Past Real? Neo-Scholastic 202 62072 January 10, 2023 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Machine Intelligence and Human Ethics BrianSoddingBoru4 24 6649 May 28, 2019 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Would you? A theoretical question. Jackie 36 8322 January 6, 2019 at 7:12 am
Last Post: Dmitry1983
  How to change a mind Aroura 0 727 July 30, 2018 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Objective morality: how would it affect your judgement/actions? robvalue 42 17498 May 5, 2018 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  Would you punish yourself? Kitan Etos 23 6366 February 26, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Presentism and Infinite Chain of Past Events GrandizerII 48 21241 December 13, 2017 at 7:37 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How would you describe a Humanist? Bahana 10 3594 October 21, 2017 at 10:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Would you get rid of your sexual desire if you could? Macoleco 78 27285 October 16, 2017 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What would you do if you found out we are all in a sim? ignoramus 46 11756 October 9, 2017 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)