Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you get rid of your sexual desire if you could?
Would you get rid of your sexual desire if you could?
Technology and medicine advance every day. Eventually, science will allow us to remove our sexual desire willingly.

Would you do it?

I imagine a lot of people would. Those who wish only to work without distractions. Those brokenhearts. Etc etc. All kind of stories. What do you think?
RE: Would you get rid of your sexual desire if you could?
If one removes one's sexual desire, does that mean one reproduces merely because it is necessary rather than pleasurable?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Yes. I can't handle it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Would it also take away romantic impulses? I've heard asexuals can have those. So lets see..... If I knew I had no chance at love in the future,and the process wasn't just about libido, maybe. That may be the case anyway.
Nope.

But I would be a proponent for castrating anyone who identifies as "incel" and bitches about women all the time.

Or, possibly, just a quick injection.
Dying to live, living to die.
I would see no need for that. 
Sexual desire doesn't prevent from fulfilling my responsibilities or pursuing my goals and interests.

Might delay me by about ten minutes or so once in a blue moon. But that's about it.
No. I miss mine. A lot.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
I do get rid of my sexual desire-- about once a day. Tongue
(September 28, 2017 at 7:27 pm)bennyboy Wrote: I do get rid of my sexual desire-- about once a day. Tongue

That doesn't work for me.

I'm the typical guy who thinks about sex every minute of the day. I look over at the television and seek through the audience of "The Price Is Right" for cute guys I'd bang.

I look over at the television while it's on HGTV, and I think to myself, "That guy looks like he'd like it in the bum."
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Not even if you paid me
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexual desire seems to be a curse for men Macoleco 121 7059 January 24, 2023 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  As a nonreligious person, where do you get your moral guidance? Gentle_Idiot 79 6401 November 26, 2022 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How could we trust our consciousness ?! zainab 45 4459 December 30, 2018 at 9:08 am
Last Post: polymath257
  Objective morality: how would it affect your judgement/actions? robvalue 42 8219 May 5, 2018 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  If You Could Choose Your Own Desires Edwardo Piet 34 3306 November 12, 2016 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Strong desire to understand. Edwardo Piet 15 2696 September 14, 2016 at 4:37 am
Last Post: Athene
  What could Redeem Humans? Shining_Finger 72 8917 December 6, 2015 at 10:01 am
Last Post: DespondentFishdeathMasochismo
  Do you ever wish you could just say "these people should be killed" DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 50 6655 November 27, 2015 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: DespondentFishdeathMasochismo
  How would you describe your ontological views? The Skeptic 10 2696 July 29, 2014 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  A crazy thought: Could causality not be real? Freedom of thought 13 4471 May 14, 2014 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Whateverist