Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 10:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A challenge about women and marriage in Islam
RE: A challenge about women and marriage in Islam
(May 2, 2013 at 10:01 pm)paulpablo Wrote: The only part of this for a 31 year old I have a problem with is the being beaten part, if a 31 year old doesn't want education or wants to become pregnant I think that's totally fine. Or if they want to marry someone for their money or whatever.

Because being pregnant suddenly isn't a problem for a 31 year old woman? Everything hangs in the balance, and here comes a disruption.

You THINK that's totally fine? ROFLOL It's almost as if you're learning... you may yet grasp upon the idea. Subjectivity's gonna hit you like a ton of bricks. Or a pound of feathers.

Quote:I didn't say you were arguing for people being beaten, I'm staying on topic for the thread, I'm talking about what I'm arguing against.

And I'm not arguing what you're arguing against: Abuse is abuse, regardless of the age of the person being abused, so kindly do not quote my statements and respond to them as though I am.

But then, I also am arguing what you're arguing against: that it's totally fine for a nine year old to get married or have sex with someone of any age from 5 to 95... as long as no party within said relationship is being abused Smile

Quote:I know the only thing you seem to be for is the portion of the argument that allows 9 year olds to have sex but the thread isn't all about you, it's about Islam and the quran and part of being married according to the quran means your husband is allowed to beat you if he fears arrogance from you and has already warned you verbally and banished you from the bedroom as a 2nd warning, it's not strawman.

Social protocol and logic class time, please do pay attention.

You create sham arguments that you set up to be defeated, without addressing my arguments, and say you've addressed them. Learning experience: what you've created is a man of straw, and he doesn't have a brain. Thank heavens, for you set him aflame enough to make even the most basic of nervous systems scream bloody murder.

When someone quotes another person and responds to the quote... one is expected to be responding to the person's quote. Example, say I quote Tiberius on capitalism, but I'm REALLY responding to RevvieJ: Tiberius will be left believing I have neither read his argument, nor have any idea why I'm going on about the syndicalist content of "his" posts.

So, now that you've learned to not make straw men: impress me... illustrate to me *LOGICALLY*, and without a single arbitration or case of special pleading: how marrying a 9 year old is not acceptable... yet marrying a 50 year old is acceptable.

Quote:Go on start a separate thread and do it then, I'll debate with you on that thread too that 31 year olds should be legally allowed to have sex if they wish. As opposed to 9 year olds who shouldn't.

You and germans both... why should I put forth the effort to "debate" you when you've yet to show me a capacity to debate?

Do you have a morbid fascination with special pleading, or are your really too dumb to realize what you're doing? Sleepy

Quote:I was pointing out that the legalization of 9 year olds and 10 year olds being allowed to marry would be more of a benefit to pedophiles than to 9 or 10 year olds who want to have sex with 9 or 10 year olds, the statistics are substantial to the argument because they show as I suspected that most 10 year olds don't have sex, the majority that do were coerced, if you don't see a substantial point in that then that's your problem.

Yet to adress the cultural separation of boys and girls, check...
Yet to adress the earlier ages at which LGB people have their first sexual experience, check...
Yet to adress the absence of more than 3 data points, check...
Yet to adress the concern of where these statistics came from, check...
Yet to adress the sample size of these statistics, check...
Yet to adress the motive of the group collecting the data, check...
Yet to adress the application of criminal social theory (once you break one law, what's your justification for not breaking another?)
Yet to make a logical argument
Yet to correctly interpret statistics (4/10ths of a population is a minority, sure... a very large one)
Yet to explain how legalizing marriage with 9 year olds and adults is a benefit to abusive pedophiles (I swear, it's like you want me to illustrate the 4 primary groups/motivators for pedophilia... maybe you don't know? 0.o)

But worst of all... you're blindly trusting the data given to you by Muslim Scholar, a dedicated poe and troll, and then blindly attributing this data to anyone who argues for the legalization of child marriage Smile

Quote:I'll add again those statistics provided by Muslim Scholar the man in favor of allowing adults to marry 9 and/or 10 year olds.

I'll add again that I believe these to be wholly irrelevant to the philosophical concerns of the basic questions. Who gives a shit whether they are 9, 4, 3242, 1, freshly born, or 18: what are the primary factors that make a person 'marriageable' or 'fuckable'?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Messages In This Thread
RE: A challenge about women and marriage in Islam - by Violet - May 3, 2013 at 4:16 am
Shocking statistics about sex - by Muslim Scholar - May 1, 2013 at 4:16 am
RE: Shocking statistics about sex - by paulpablo - May 1, 2013 at 4:23 am
RE: Shocking statistics about sex - by paulpablo - May 1, 2013 at 4:37 am
RE: Shocking statistics about sex - by paulpablo - May 1, 2013 at 4:49 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6892 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  [Quranic Reflection]: Anthropomorphism and God in Islam WinterHold 15 1713 June 16, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tranquillity men find in women and women find in men WinterHold 62 8838 October 22, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 5026 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8080 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Beating women in Islam WinterHold 255 41722 April 9, 2019 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  To clear up that Islam is not pedophilia and chrisitanity is according to a guy here Smain 6 1035 June 26, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts WinterHold 132 27745 April 27, 2018 at 9:32 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran. Mystic 67 14187 November 20, 2017 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 7322 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic