Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 8:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A challenge about women and marriage in Islam
RE: A challenge about women and marriage in Islam
(May 12, 2013 at 4:11 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Would make for a great sci-fi short. How long do we have to wait to avail ourselves of a genetically engineered entity - built for the purpose of satisfying a sexual desire from the outset?

Ahhh, Lust Beasts Heart

Who knows how long it'll be... if we never deal with the big questions. But I'd like to think it's soon Wink

(May 12, 2013 at 6:16 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Age separation is nothing like racial separation, clearly there is a relationship between biological and psychological maturity and age.

Nothing like it? Well then, how about separation of sexes over the same basis as 'age separation'? Females get to have their age line drawn before males, and males get to stay out of the age of majority until 25... why, I'm ALL for that. It at least is structured loosely over generalized data, instead of completely made up on the spot Sleepy

Is there clearly a relationship between "biological and psychological maturity and age"? Why don't I see it, then? Have you met fr0d0 and minimalist? Sleepy

He never answered me if english was or was not his first language... but now I'm fairly certain it's not. Still, I *think* I know what he's trying to say.

Quote:How is anything I've mentioned got anything to do with serfdom or barring 50 percent of the population from getting a job?

... I don't think you can possibly be thick enough as to pluck it out of the middle of its context and seriously question it as if you're the only one capable of bringing things into the argument.

Are you, possibly, a control freak? Smile

Quote:Make your point then, in what way does gay marriage have to do with the Islamic system of marriage, I've only actually argued against the Islamic system of marriage which allows an adult man to marry a 9 year old female, I haven't even proposed an argument against gay or lesbian sex at age 9 simply because it has nothing to do with the thread.

Have I *yet* argued for a specifically "Islamic?" system of marriage?

Homosexuals typically have their first sexual experiences earlier in their lives because of how prevalent the likes of sleepovers, girl scouts/boy scouts, single sex dormitories, and their parents being comfortable leaving two boys together or two girls together.

This was a severe omission of data from the study as it was presented to us, the only reason i've written half of what I've written is that you continued to pull this data out *without even looking at it* (for a mind-bogglingly retarded reason, by the way), which was given to you by a poe, and which you stayed true to until you gave it up because 'Lilly's not getting it'. Damn right, dog.

Quote:Also if you admit that christian beliefs have nothing to do with the reality of what Jesus actually did then how does what Muhammad actually did interfere at all with what the Muslim beliefs are and what the Islamic system is?

Again, theologians ≠ masses. The latter might use christianity or islam as the justification of their actions, but these actions are those of people, not those of islam or christianity.

Quote:Because personally I don't believe a child should have the option of becoming pregnant even if they want to.

Okay... now focus, because I'm going to ask you the same question I've asked you for the last 10 posts:

Why?

It's all well and good that "Oh, I don't like it" or "I don't believe it"... it's quite another to realize *why* this it. Seriously, it's great introspection... you might do well to try it.

Quote:I also think that a lot of growing up occurs between the ages of 9 and 16 and a lot of wisdom is accumulated between those ages that's certainly the case for me and the case for everyone I've grown up with. I think 9 year olds are more vulnerable to abuse in general and as you stated people within marriages are vulnerable to abuse anyway, just making the situation worse.

I think that a lot of growing up occurs between the ages of 28 and 35, and a lot of wisdom is accumulated between those ages. That's the case for my parents and it's certainly the case for everyone I've known for 7 years regardless of their age.

I think that just about everyone is vulnerable to abuse in general, and as I stated: people within mariages are exposed to the vulnerabilities that come with trust.

How about this one: WHY are 9 year olds vulnerable? WHAT *specifically* makes them vulnerable?

I said I'd do it... this is me, doing it.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Messages In This Thread
Shocking statistics about sex - by Muslim Scholar - May 1, 2013 at 4:16 am
RE: Shocking statistics about sex - by paulpablo - May 1, 2013 at 4:23 am
RE: Shocking statistics about sex - by paulpablo - May 1, 2013 at 4:37 am
RE: Shocking statistics about sex - by paulpablo - May 1, 2013 at 4:49 am
RE: A challenge about women and marriage in Islam - by Violet - May 12, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6538 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  [Quranic Reflection]: Anthropomorphism and God in Islam WinterHold 15 1646 June 16, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tranquillity men find in women and women find in men WinterHold 62 8416 October 22, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 4898 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7988 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Beating women in Islam WinterHold 255 39941 April 9, 2019 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  To clear up that Islam is not pedophilia and chrisitanity is according to a guy here Smain 6 999 June 26, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts WinterHold 132 27029 April 27, 2018 at 9:32 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran. Mystic 67 13944 November 20, 2017 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 7102 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic