Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 12:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians: What kind of heaven do you believe in?
RE: Christians: What kind of heaven do you believe in?

And yet again you segue out of the question.

Trying to debate with you is a complete waste of time.
[/quote]

You asked me a question about my "feelings". What do you expect?

If the debate is what I think of innocents going to hell, while the guilty go to heaven?

IMPOSSIBLE!

If it did? I will be just as outraged as you...and curse my God for letting the innocent go to hell..... But, as a true believer in Christ and the Father's Love for all? It won't happen that way! It just won't.

(June 24, 2013 at 1:18 pm)whateverist Wrote: Hell, it's 'possible' that love and happiness are from venus. Hate and war might be from mars. But what is the point in saying so? Does it make it any less mysterious that such things should exist at all? Likewise, saying love comes from a soul just partitions off one portion of ourselves and says all the mystery is in there, the part I'm calling my soul. What information do we have about the mystery by virtue of giving it a name? Well I suppose there is an entire library of speculation on that thing Christianity calls a soul. So I suppose one could think there really is something known about all this but I think that is just trading self honesty for peace of mind. My 2 cents worth, with tax and handling that comes to $150 American.

"trading self honesty for peace of mind"? Isn't that some kind of oxymoron?

With honesty, comes peace of mind. How can anyone find peace without truth? Or vise versa.

Everything we do is based on "LOVE". Everything. Now don't split hairs on me! Ultimately we do everything we do, for "good" reason. And it all boils down to a desire for some kind of love. Ok, you have your deranged citizens.... but the sane ones are living to love; every-thing, and one another.

WHY? Because of the planets? Also, its fine to have mystery about the universe, but frown on the mystery of God? Whats in a "name" of itself? Other than Jesus, nothing!

And really.... what is "love"? And what would we want our God to be if we pondered God at all?

Jesus said: "Seek and you shall find, ask and it will be opened to you." The problem is...no one asks.

We expect Him to just know our minds, and serve us. Because its all His fault for the bad things that happen to us and the world. The truth is? It "ALL" could be fixed!

All we need pray is something (from the heart) like this: "Lord, please take all the crap out of my life, and give me the strength, peace and wisdom to carry out your will, whatever it is, everyday of my life. Through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen!"

No mystery here. And much more than [peace of mind, or self honesty].

He is the only way to the; Honest Truth, Real Peace, Understanding and Wisdom.
Quis ut Deus?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christians: What kind of heaven do you believe in? - by ronedee - July 5, 2013 at 2:57 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there free will in Heaven? zwanzig 54 4756 April 12, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 3654 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are there any Christians here who believe in zombies? Jehanne 41 5095 February 1, 2019 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8290 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 5076 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Eternity in Heaven - Scary? JairCrawford 47 5962 July 26, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 2750 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5787 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 14080 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 19534 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished