Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2026, 6:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I have decided to become an Atheist
#11
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist
(July 9, 2013 at 12:11 pm)Jextin Wrote: Before I was like a liberal,freethinking,christian kinda thing. but i am just sick and tired of how messed up the world is and how God does nothing to help. I suffer from mental illness and have been in therapy and meds for years and I am sick of the pain and am just so pissed off and sick of God, I don't want anything to do with Him anymore.

So I have decided to become an Atheist, I put on my facebook and told everyone I am atheist now and God is no good for me. I also changed my religious view on this forum to Atheist. What are some other ways I can get people to know I am atheist? I play gw2 and I made a new character with the last name Atheist.

Where do you guys buy your clothes? I'd like to buy some shirts that say Atheist on them or make fun of Christianity/God.

I think this is a good turning point for my life, and maybe God will change his ways and realize what a dick he can be, but I doubt it.

Ok, I suffer from depression myself. Emotional reasons for rejecting a god are not good reasons to reject a god. Lack of evidence is the only reason to reject any claim of any deity.

God as a concept however, is broken as a claim if someone is going to claim it's attributes as being "all powerful" and "all loving". Strictly like reviewing a comic book character, then yes, you'd have to dislike this character and deem it malicious or inept or both. But there really is no god to be angry at, anymore than one can be angry at Lex Luthor.

But any mental illness is not do to a god existing. It is a natural state of our flawed existence. If you want to reject a god claim, that is fine, but that has nothing to do with what you yourself might need to for yourself in getting help from REAL professionals, in psychologists or doctors.

You should find comfort in that there is no God. But that does not mean life is all bad all the time just because it has sucky stuff in it. Life is both good and bad and none of either needs a god of the gaps answer.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
I have decided to become an Atheist - by Jextin - July 9, 2013 at 12:11 pm
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Nine - July 9, 2013 at 12:13 pm
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Bad Writer - July 10, 2013 at 3:20 pm
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Psykhronic - July 9, 2013 at 12:25 pm
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Simon Moon - July 9, 2013 at 12:55 pm
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Tonus - July 9, 2013 at 1:04 pm
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Jackie - July 9, 2013 at 1:51 pm
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by pocaracas - July 9, 2013 at 2:16 pm
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Napoléon - July 9, 2013 at 4:00 pm
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Walking Void - July 10, 2013 at 12:04 am
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Full Circle - July 10, 2013 at 12:55 am
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Raven - July 10, 2013 at 3:28 am
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Napoléon - July 10, 2013 at 7:44 am
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Raven - July 10, 2013 at 3:16 pm
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by hommelibre - July 18, 2013 at 6:02 am
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Cyberman - July 10, 2013 at 9:34 am
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Napoléon - July 10, 2013 at 10:39 am
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Kitan Etos - July 18, 2013 at 6:03 am
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist - by Cyberman - July 18, 2013 at 8:00 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists will worship the Antichrist and become theists during the Tribulation Preacher 53 12132 November 13, 2022 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Is there a kink to have sex with certain atheist tribes? Woah0 5 1836 September 11, 2022 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  What made you become an atheist? Atomic Lava 69 18398 December 12, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What made you become an atheist? Handprint 170 78326 October 3, 2018 at 5:06 am
Last Post: Cod
  The only human being to have won 2 unshared Nobel Prizes was an atheist. Jehanne 29 12191 March 14, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? Balaco 596 213326 June 14, 2017 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Omnisofos
  How did u become an atheist? Lebneni Murtad 52 19529 April 6, 2017 at 1:21 am
Last Post: surreptitious57
  Atheists who have never read common atheist literature ComradeMeow 68 21474 March 2, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 9785 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  so i decided to google "if christians should vote trump" Rextos 17 5370 June 7, 2016 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: IATIA



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)