Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 2:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Faith Requires Accepting Evolution
RE: Christian Faith Requires Accepting Evolution
(July 21, 2013 at 11:27 pm)whateverist Wrote:
(July 21, 2013 at 5:46 pm)ronedee Wrote: Honestly, I've never given it a lot of thought.

But, I do believe that a "Dualism", is possible. At least in a sense that evolution of life in general progressed to a certain level. Whereas creationism was separate in terms of a "spiritual" evolution in man. There was some writing on this that I read years ago. I don't remember. I'll have to consult my secretary/memory-bank (ie wife) and get back to ya. lol

But, I don't really like separating the two (evolution & creationism). God created/allowed both! I think that is where religious got off track along the way. There is no reason to divide them imo.

Sounds like Fr0d0 has the most expertise with this but I believe the idea is that we needn't use the bible to qualify what we find through science. If you believe in a creator then the creation itself, what we study best with science, stands on its own merits as revelation of what has been created. I see no reason to think that anything the bible says must be read in a way which would allow the study of creation through science to pose any difficulty. Easy for me to say, of course, as I am not trying to hold on to a faith in God while pushing the limits of the bible as allegory.

The Bible is not a science book, was never meant to be and it will never be one. The Bible is an account of God and what He has done in His infinite wisdom and power and how man fits in His divine plan. The Bible is not about man, but the relationship God wants with man, in short the Bible is about God and why we are to fit into His plan or reject His plan and be separated from Him for eternity.
With this said, as I see scripture we are to believe what is there, God described a creation that no other can claim, even Satan has not tried to claim any part of creation. His claim to fame is in manipulating the creation by introducing doubt, that's all he did with Eve and Adam bought in.
If Christianity buys into evolution then we have bought into the doubt that Satan planted in the Garden and that is this "did God." Yes, that one little statement by Satan is all it has taken to bring doubt into the creation, bring doubt that God could have created the universe just as scripture states. I have no doubt about God's creation, I do have tons of questions, but they'll have to wait till I enter eternity. The only real question I have now is how useful can I be for God in His divine plan. If Christianity accepts evolution then God will be discounted, it's been claimed here many, many times and why not, then people do not need to find themselves responsible for their actions to a superior being, only themselves. With "did God," Satan made it possible for evolution to be considered and accepted by those who do not want to believe they are morally responsible to anyone other than themselves, which is completely against what the scriptures teach and Christ represents. If the creation account in Genesis is just a story made up to explain the world, then why is it called the creation story, why would early man have even thought that the world was ever created, why not assume it has always been, they never saw anything created so why the need to explain something they never knew, why. Why was the story retold in the book of John 1500 years later if Christ was not the creator.
One more thing about the creation account as it is written, why write it that way, scientifically it doesn't make sense, but with an omnipotent God who says that our reasoning is not like His in control of the process no one could reason it out as He did it. The creation story holds to the truth of the rest of scripture, so it's not "did God," it's God did.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian Faith Requires Accepting Evolution - by Godschild - July 22, 2013 at 7:58 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 14427 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 12474 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 59315 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4770 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6892 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 90918 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  why faith fails Drich 43 4606 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 23685 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 38933 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Is Accepting Christian Evidence Special Pleading? SteveII 768 245296 September 28, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa