Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 10:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Death may not be the end......
#8
RE: Death may not be the end......
(October 12, 2013 at 5:56 pm)Zazzy Wrote: I'll say it again. ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE. A ravaged brain in a live body. The personhood of an Alzheimer's patient- their "soul" is gone long before his body dies. AD patients become empty shells. The "suit" survives longer than the essential self. Where is the soul of an AD patient? Trapped in a useless body for years? Already gone? Watching several people I loved die of AD was the final nail in the coffin for any notion of a "soul" for me. When death did come for these people, I was glad. They had been robbed of themselves long before.

As a former nurse, I can agree. Some loved ones of my patients were relieved (though sad) and got closure the day their granny died, other refused to see the fact that their loved one had not a good quality of life.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Reply



Messages In This Thread
Death may not be the end...... - by HUMAN BRAIN - October 12, 2013 at 4:35 pm
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by Nine - October 12, 2013 at 5:35 pm
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by Ryantology - October 12, 2013 at 5:37 pm
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by Jackalope - October 12, 2013 at 7:50 pm
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by Chas - October 12, 2013 at 5:40 pm
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by HUMAN BRAIN - October 13, 2013 at 10:54 am
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by genkaus - October 13, 2013 at 12:01 pm
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by *Deidre* - October 12, 2013 at 5:46 pm
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by HUMAN BRAIN - October 13, 2013 at 10:49 am
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by Simon Moon - October 12, 2013 at 5:54 pm
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by Zazzy - October 12, 2013 at 5:56 pm
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by Kayenneh - October 12, 2013 at 6:03 pm
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by freedomfromforum - October 12, 2013 at 7:18 pm
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by genkaus - October 13, 2013 at 10:51 am
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by Kayenneh - October 13, 2013 at 11:04 am
RE: Death may not be the end...... - by max-greece - October 13, 2013 at 11:36 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Possibly Proper Death Litany, aka ... Gawdzilla Sama 11 4117 December 18, 2023 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 7423 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Humanist marriages 'least likely to end in divorce' Duty 20 7319 March 11, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  List of religious end times/Second coming of Jesus predictions purplepurpose 13 7282 November 22, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Question about permanent death purplepurpose 110 29338 October 11, 2018 at 6:13 am
Last Post: Alan V
  Question About Temporary Death CarveTheFive 13 3950 October 6, 2018 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: no one
  How would Abrahamic religions end? mota 18 12297 August 2, 2018 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Choosing to/not to Believe? Not Possible? JairCrawford 61 20846 July 1, 2018 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Explaining What Happens After Death ArtVandelay 36 14553 April 1, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Too many near death experiences purplepurpose 77 33181 November 13, 2017 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Little Rik



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)