Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do you think life on earth will end?
how do you think life on earth will end?
anyone else feel like the people who wrote the bible put in like a safety feature where they knew that someday people will realize it's all bullshit so they put in shit like "in the end times mankind will fall away  but you must hold on to your faith if you don't want to go to hell!!" - but how/do you think the world will ever end?

I seen a lot of things like global warming, over population and even the sun going to a red giant phase and scorching the earth - what do you think will most likely happen? I personally kinda always felt like mankind is its worst enemy and I heard lotta people say that as soon as even our grand children the earth may no longer be able to sustain life for humans because of pollution and damage to the ozone. A part of me kinda wants the earth to be destroyed cus some really fucked up things have happened on this place and I think it would be most beautiful for all life to cease and just have this giant ball of history just continuing its orbit around the sun indefinitely. 

also they say every star in the sky represents a solar system just like ours, do you think there is life on other planets out there somewhere? I kinda feel like odds are there is,  at the very least I would bet that single celled organisms exist somewhere out there.
RE: how do you think life on earth will end?
Definitely Vogons. Yep.
My money's on zambie kittehs
The sim will never end!
Kevin's got plenty of backups. The backups are automated.
You see, Kevin and his planet died off millions of years ago!

(Orchestra music hits crescendo- people shocked in the realisation)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The sun will expand and burn up the earth.  We, OTOH, will have killed ourselves off long before that happens.
Actually and maybe a little ironically, global warming is possibly going to extend the long term ability for the earth to sustain life. The effects in the short term will be huge, but oil is a result of life, so we know there was life when the carbon levels were super high. However life has a tendency to remove carbon from the carbon cycle and with the earths core gradually cooling with time that also causes less volcanic activity therefore less carbon being output from the cycle. So with the massive dump of carbon from us it will allow the cycle to run longer.
And too answer you question, i think it will be the sun going red giant that will ultimately end life. We may end ourselves and maybe even multicellular life long before that but killing all life is a damn tall order when you consider single celled life.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I can't see Global Warming actually ending life on the planet (unless it suddenly spiraled so out of control that it got too hot for us overnight). It will probably end up causing larger natural disasters on a scale of which countries can't cope or recover from. I think it'll end up wiping out entire countries (politically and economically, not literally) and we'll end up going into an era of post-apocalyptic lawlessness with survival of the fittest. You've also got the increasing shortage of resources that'll encourage that sort of society to appear. Eventually we'll probably kill so many of ourselves off that the pressure on resources goes away and we can resume some sort of civilisation building again.

Humans are so spread out across the planet that it's going to take something so globally devastating and final to completely wipe us out. You could possibly get local extinction from a massive natural disaster, let's say the Sahara region gets such a severe drought that everyone there either dies or leaves. Globally though, It's going to be a meteor impact, dramatic change to the Earth climate or conditions, or the sun expanding before we're going to die out completely.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

The Shia and the Sunni doomsday devices will go off simultaneously and double destroy the planet.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Nazis Riding Dinosaurs.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(November 14, 2015 at 8:24 pm)Spooky Wrote: Nazis Riding Dinosaurs.

GAY Dinosaurs

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long has Humanity been on Planet Earth? MFrancis 19 769 March 13, 2024 at 6:16 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 5364 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 3031 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 3091 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3676 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 985 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1389 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, asthev 14 2087 March 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Humanist marriages 'least likely to end in divorce' Duty 20 3440 March 11, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 7032 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico