Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i think we are living in the end times!
i think we are living in the end times!
at least the end times of Christianity! (I've always found it funny how almost every christian in the history of the world believed that the earth which has been around for billions of years would be destroyed in their ~80 year life span, but i digress). I just really think it's cool how nowadays I find more people to be atheist than i do christian, and it really feels like the bs religion is dying off. In my town there is a catholic college and they have a seminary program which is like where guys go to become priests, and they have been haggling people for money ALL YEAR this year in front of walmart, and now in the christmas season like yesterday I went, there was like 30 of them standing outside the walmart entrance and as soon as you leave the store with your cart they jump on you all at once like "hey wanna donate??" - and I'm one of those guys who can't just say NO and walk away, so I end up talking to them and saying stuff like "eh i dont have cash sorry..." and then they gave me a business card to send a check lol. and this guy he seemed pretty nice was like "yeah man our seminary program is falling apart, any thing you can donate would be very helpful!" I almost felt bad because he seemed nice and so desperate, but at the same time I'm not gonna forget how christians have kicked me when I was already down for the past 10 years.

What I thought REALLY took the cake though, they had a brand new 2015 Cadillac ATS parked outside, and their incentive for donation was you buy tickets, each ticket is about 10$, and they will have a raffle so someone can win the cadillac, the more tickets you buy the better your chances. I'll let you guys figure that one out. What's sad though, is normally this time of year we have the salvation army people ring their bell to take donations for the needy, but I guess when push comes to shove, the church's budget is top priority.
RE: i think we are living in the end times!
And here I though the prof was back Sad
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

That's incredibly irregular, seminaries don't usually send people to walmart to beg for money.   That's what pulpits are for.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Ummmmmmm, semenarians . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I surprised they could scrape together 30 in one place.

Maybe pedophiles are signing up for the free goodies?
$10? How many young boys come with the caddy?

Wait, my mistake, it's not the boys that come. (yeah, I know it's spellt diffrant)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is atheism worth living for? MarcusA 74 3726 September 3, 2023 at 9:42 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Your point of living? joe90 82 10586 May 9, 2019 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Humanist marriages 'least likely to end in divorce' Duty 20 3428 March 11, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 7311 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG
  List of religious end times/Second coming of Jesus predictions purplepurpose 13 4164 November 22, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How would Abrahamic religions end? mota 18 8677 August 2, 2018 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Even in darkest times here is something that made me smile dyresand 3 1939 May 17, 2017 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The bible teaches that there is no immortal soul and that death is the end MIND BLOWN LetThereBeNoGod 4 1736 February 16, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Scientists discover new form of matter in 2017. (The end of human suffering?) %mindless_detector% 17 5150 January 29, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Stupid Book 'Abundant Living' RiddledWithFear 8 1861 December 20, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3