Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2026, 1:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Why do Atheists spend so much time debatng the existence of God?
RE: Why do Atheists spend so much time debatng the existence of God?
(October 15, 2013 at 5:41 am)Tortino Wrote: Well, as a Christian, I can compare humans to an objective moral standard

No, you can't, since there's no such thing. What you're basically saying is: "Since I'm a Christian, I'm a pompous and self righteous douche."

Quote:Well, when the universe began to exist, space, time and matter began to exist. That means, prior to the universe, space, time and matter didn't exist.

That you can't know. Or are you up for the physics Nobel Prize 2014?

Quote:Well, we all have free will. Some people use religion for good, and unfortunately a lot use it for evil. That is why I shy away from the actions of people to determine if something is right or wrong. Rather, look at the doctrine.

Free will is a cop-out and the doctrine is a piece of shit. Yeah, I'm not impressed.

Quote:Crime exists, cancer exists, God exists?

No, religion does.

Quote:The burden is on the person making the claim. If I asked, "what do believe is the ultimate cause of the universe? a)Supernatural b) Natural c) Don't know. What would you answer? If you answer a or b, you have the burden. The only person who doesn't have he burden is c), an agnostic.

Facepalm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KayBys8gaJY

Quote:This is what is frustrating when debating with atheists, their is a shifting between atheism and agnosticism when an argument is presented.

Don't project the inadequacy of your understanding onto others. Atheism is a stance on the belief of gods, gnosticism and agnosticism is about knowledge and certainty.

Quote:Imo, their is plenty of evidence for God's existence, typically the big 5, 1. KCA, design, moral argument, Jesus Christ and personal experience.

And I'm guessing you have scientific research and plenty of papers supporting your opinion. Personal experience, don't make me laugh!

Quote:What you find as satisfying is completely arbitrary.

It has nothing to do with what we find satisfying, the scientific method is followed by both atheists and theists in the field.

Quote:Again, if it is what gives meaning to someone, then who are you or anyone to say otherwise?

When done on a global scale, it's everyone's problem.

Quote:Really? I find it irrational debating about a being that you don't believe exists...Surely, there are better things to do in life...? No?

It's no different than any other book club, really.

Quote:As a Christian

Here you go again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSP3X4HKRb8

Quote:God has spoken, very clearly.

If you hear voices in your head, get professional help.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do Atheists spend so much time debatng the existence of God? - by Kayenneh - October 15, 2013 at 7:34 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are atheists hostile to a belief in a Creator? Drew_2013 28 11417 April 14, 2025 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why cant atheists make moving music? KommandoKalle 19 6088 December 18, 2024 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Atheists, how can you say there is no God. When... Urani9 30 8440 December 12, 2024 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Are Atheists Afraid to Join Atheists? Asmodeus 10 4319 October 26, 2024 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Asmodeus
  Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real? JJoseph 209 61321 June 12, 2024 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: awty
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 139 40623 June 12, 2024 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: awty
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 32529 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 10013 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? KerimF 191 50963 June 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  How much pain can atheists withstand ? The End of Atheism 290 77697 May 13, 2023 at 4:22 am
Last Post: h4ym4n



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)