Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 3, 2024, 5:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Christians, what is your VERY BEST arguments for the existence of God?
RE: Christians, what is your VERY BEST arguments for the existence of God?
(March 27, 2010 at 8:17 pm)tackattack Wrote: @flying skeptic- was that to me? What you're referencing is not a moral absolute, it's a societal local moral. I see it as scalable from
0- no moral
1-subjective morality
2-societal morality (local)
3-societal morality (universaly)
4-absolute morality
most people fall under 2,3and 4 in some level, based of the situation. to say a moral absolute doesn't exist is facetious,bcause at the very least it exists as a concept nad that's how I'm using it here. As a concept for honing or personal morals into a grander perspective and a more objective tool. Christians shouldn't get their morals from the Bible, morality is, at it's core, subjective and Christians should use the laws written on their hearts by God as a standard, the same as atheists (they just claim that no one wrotethem there).
I of course fundamentally disagree with the jean-jacques rousseau quote. I've seen time and time again, left to their own devices the majority fails regularly to be self-less while all at some point can not help but take for their own. I think society is a reflection o self and that's why jean-jacques rousseau sensibility movement with high emphasis on subjectivity and introspection was such a goo step to improving society.

What behaviors would you classify as 'laws written by God in our hearts'? I bet whatever you come up with will happen to be a behavior that increases our survivability, consistent with evolutionary biology. I'm not completely faithful to my quote of Rousseau. I prefer to say most people don't 'do bad' for their own good.

Don't you think atheists have no basis for morality? (a belief held by many Christians I have argued with)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christians, what is your VERY BEST arguments for the existence of God? - by The_Flying_Skeptic - March 27, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are the best arguments against Christian Science? FlatAssembler 8 602 September 17, 2023 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 14954 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Existence of Marcion questioned? JairCrawford 28 2305 March 4, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  VERY Basic Doctrines of Calvinism johndoe122931 18 2557 June 7, 2021 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Spiritual realm is very likely real (demonic possession)? Flavius007 23 2138 May 13, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 10655 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8364 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God? Cecelia 96 11355 September 5, 2018 at 6:19 pm
  The existence of god Foxaèr 16 3055 May 5, 2018 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15473 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm