Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Christians what would change your mind?
Question 
Christians what would change your mind?
What evidence would convince you that th bible is false?

What exactly do you require and on what area?
RE: Christians what would change your mind?
I'm not a theist, but why not introduce yourself?
(August 8, 2020 at 10:15 am)Eleven Wrote: I'm not a theist, but why not introduce yourself?

Oh sorry forgot about that.
(August 8, 2020 at 10:12 am)Xaventis Wrote: What evidence would convince you that th bible is false?

What evidence would convince you that the Bible is true?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 8, 2020 at 10:18 am)I BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: What evidence would convince you that the Bible is true?

Boru

You are avoiding the question. I asked first and you (like a typical christian) are trying to change the subject =.= I encountered this move far to often from Christians.
(August 8, 2020 at 10:24 am)Xaventis Wrote:
(August 8, 2020 at 10:18 am)I BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: What evidence would convince you that the Bible is true?

Boru

You are avoiding the question. I asked first and you (like a typical christian) are trying to change the subject =.= I encountered this move far to often from Christians.

I’m not a Christian. I’m pointing out that your question makes no sense - Christians don’t look for evidence that the Bible is false, just as atheists don’t look for evidence that it is true. It’s like asking a stripper for evidence that taking her clothes off in public is a bad thing.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 8, 2020 at 10:28 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’m not a Christian. I’m pointing out that your question makes no sense - Christians don’t look for evidence that the Bible is false, just as atheists don’t look for evidence that it is true. It’s like asking a stripper for evidence that taking her clothes off in public is a bad thing.

Boru

That's not the point, Brian.

The truth is, as an atheist, I often wonder what would convince any given theist to understand that the bible is false. In the end, of course I realize the futility not of what I was thinking but instead of the theistic mindset. Nothing can convince a theist who wants to continue believing as he does.

Also, theists are fond of stating, What would convince you to believe in god, which is also a valid question.
Whatever the belief system, be it the twisted Abrahamic trio, Hinduism, Bahaism, Norse Paganism, or any of the other countless beliefs that no longer exist, the believe first needs to think for themselves rather then rely on the testimony of those that are already indoctrinated.
(August 8, 2020 at 10:43 am)Eleven Wrote:
(August 8, 2020 at 10:28 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’m not a Christian. I’m pointing out that your question makes no sense - Christians don’t look for evidence that the Bible is false, just as atheists don’t look for evidence that it is true. It’s like asking a stripper for evidence that taking her clothes off in public is a bad thing.

Boru

That's not the point, Brian.

The truth is, as an atheist, I often wonder what would convince any given theist to understand that the bible is false. In the end, of course I realize the futility not of what I was thinking but instead of the theistic mindset. Nothing can convince a theist who wants to continue believing as he does.

Also, theists are fond of stating, What would convince you to believe in god, which is also a valid question.

(Emphasis mine)

Which is why asking the question makes no sense. We already know the answer - ‘Nothing.’

Boru
(August 8, 2020 at 10:12 am)Xaventis Wrote: What evidence would convince you that th bible is false?

This is not a fair question. To be fair, this should apply to all religions and sub sects of all religions worldwide.

I wouldn't put it like this. 

I would ask, out of 7 billion humans, of countless religions and countless god claims, what makes you, the individual magically thing you got it right, where as all others did not?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12412 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7585 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2118 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 17935 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Ex-Christians: How do you lose your fear of hell? KiwiNFLFan 29 5511 November 20, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Praise GOD !!!! A Jesus your Vorlon would worship !!!!!! vorlon13 7 1318 April 22, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christians, your god is gay. I have proof! rado84 82 18650 March 10, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  CHRISTIANS, you only have 3 days left to get rid of your XMAS TREE! 21stCenturyIconoclast 22 4162 December 24, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: 21stCenturyIconoclast
  What do i do im surrounded by christians and they want to change me? Asyrel 35 4938 November 10, 2016 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 33896 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13