Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 12:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave
RE: The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave
(April 17, 2014 at 4:36 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:
(April 17, 2014 at 1:45 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Okay, so we can now add "what an atheist is," to the list of things Rev didn't bother to know anything about before he came here. It can sit right alongside "how the burden of proof works."

But can I say, Rev, how monumentally damn frustrating it is to see you constantly dodging questions and points in order to respond with inane, petty gotcha questions that aren't even logically well formed? This is the height of poor argumentation, and if you don't have an answer to something, don't try to slip around it and go on the attack, because we will notice and we will hold you accountable for this shoddy con tactic. This ain't our first time at this rodeo, even if it is yours.

Now, corrections. First of all, an atheist doesn't "believe there is no god," not necessarily. Most of us here don't believe in a god, and that's a small but important distinction: it's a "we don't know," backed up by a "there's still no evidence for your position, theists."

Secondly, it's not up to us to prove to you that god doesn't exist; we don't have to disprove something that has no basis in itself. We don't have to run, because you aren't chasing us. Without any evidence- which you have conspicuously failed to supply- then the default position is to disbelieve the claim. If you think it's otherwise, then in order to be logically consistent you'd have to believe every claim until you could prove it false, which makes you a polytheist shacked up with all kinds of gods.

But privileging your god with this "you can't prove he doesn't exist!" nonsense is called special pleading, and it's a logical fallacy. Inadmissible, but nice try.

This is why I feel the burden of proof IS ON the atheist. We are not having a discussion in a vacuum or in nothingness. We are alive and well on what we call planet earth. That in itself naturally screams, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? If a child comes home from school with a black eye he can't ignore the question from his parent, how did you get that? We all are presented with the question of why we exist, how did we get here, how did it all began. Even if the atheist says, "I don't believe in God," that is dodging the question that needs to be addressed. The atheist can't answer how did this all come to be using clear evidence from where they base all their beliefs - empirical science. The creationist can, an all-powerful intelligent designer. Then you can say, were is your proof. I answer,,,creation is proof. Just like if I held up a watch, a lot less complicated then this planet and say, this had a creator, it was not an accident. If you were to say that the watch was an accident, perhaps, you would be receiving the insults instead of I.

(April 17, 2014 at 4:10 pm)whateverist Wrote: Better you should pray all out that god punish us right now with unrelenting fury so as to show you once and for all that He just isn't there.

God is longsuffering offering people a chance to repent. He is a much more patient than we are.

(April 17, 2014 at 1:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote: What an asshole.

[Image: 22570_1303023626848_1568217939_30748275_4699152_n.jpg]

The empty tomb

Potty mouth!! Christians dont fucking swear.... .. anyways... u cant proove something thats not there. That is god.
and stop with the empty tomb crap... my pocket is empty.. so what does that mean..??? im so broke I cant even pay attention!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave - by truthBtold - April 17, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Bet "Jesus" Is Real Proud of These Shits Minimalist 34 6360 December 4, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Which Jesus is real? Foxaèr 40 8472 August 9, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3151 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  lies, broken promises, racism : the real Jesus jenny1972 6 1980 November 4, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  The Historical Reliability of the New Testament Randy Carson 706 112129 June 9, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Historical Easter Question for Minimalist thesummerqueen 26 7649 April 5, 2015 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7363 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Mass grave discovered in an abandoned Catholic children's home. Esquilax 46 8910 June 11, 2014 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Vox
  Jesus Would Role Over In His Grave Cinjin 7 2386 April 19, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape
  For People Who Think There Was No Historical Jesus Confused Ape 487 226779 May 11, 2013 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist