Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 6:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave
RE: The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave
(April 17, 2014 at 6:12 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Dear Stimbo,
Look what you are saying,,,"blindly accept" If I hold up a watch and say, "someone created this" and you reply, "how could you blindly accept that?" How is that logical? The watch itself is the thing that points to an intelligent designer. If I had not watch then it would be a different story. However, the fact there is a planet, and every observable thing has a cause, then we have to reasonable conclude that there is a Creator.

You're comparing man-made artifacts with naturally-occurring objects and claiming they are the same thing, then you label me as "illogical" for using your own analogy. Ok, replace "watch" with, say, a pulsar - a naturally-occurring stellar remnant with remarkably precise timekeeping properties. A non-man-made watch, in fact. Now show me the designer, or that there even needed to be one.

My point was that atheists don't necesarily take the contra-positive stance just because we do not accept your own. Not everything depends on binary thinking; there is such a thing as the neutral middle ground. One with a huge neon sign saying "Citation Needed".

(April 17, 2014 at 6:12 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:
(April 17, 2014 at 1:52 pm)Stimbo Wrote: That Rev joins the ever-swelling ranks of those whose only strategy is to weasel around who needs to prove what and to distort their opponents' position to bolster their own speaks volumes about his honesty.

I respectfully disagree. You are entitled to your opinion. I base my answers on the Truth of God's Word and what I feel is sound reasoning. If you call that being dishonest then what can I say?

What I was calling dishonest is your insistence on distorting your opponents' position in order to make your own work; eg, redefining the definition of atheism. Or eg #2, misinterpreting what I call being dishonest. That's dishonest.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave - by Cyberman - April 17, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Bet "Jesus" Is Real Proud of These Shits Minimalist 34 6367 December 4, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Which Jesus is real? Foxaèr 40 8482 August 9, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3153 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  lies, broken promises, racism : the real Jesus jenny1972 6 1983 November 4, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  The Historical Reliability of the New Testament Randy Carson 706 112497 June 9, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Historical Easter Question for Minimalist thesummerqueen 26 7658 April 5, 2015 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7367 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Mass grave discovered in an abandoned Catholic children's home. Esquilax 46 8918 June 11, 2014 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Vox
  Jesus Would Role Over In His Grave Cinjin 7 2386 April 19, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape
  For People Who Think There Was No Historical Jesus Confused Ape 487 227004 May 11, 2013 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist