Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 25, 2024, 9:49 pm

Poll: Which statement describes most accurately your understanding of the label atheism?
This poll is closed.
The doctrine of belief that there is no god
0%
0 0%
The disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings
65.71%
46 65.71%
Other (please explain)
34.29%
24 34.29%
Total 70 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Atheists... why do you believe that God doesn't exist?
RE: Atheists... why do you believe that God doesn't exist?
(April 18, 2014 at 5:35 am)fr0d0 Wrote:
(April 18, 2014 at 4:10 am)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: Uh huh...
Try looking at that again imbecile. I don't want you to prove something that you cannot. Only a fucking idiot would do that. You and your idiotic compadres keep insisting on that.

(April 18, 2014 at 4:10 am)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: As mentioned earlier,

You keep saying that, and yet you never do. You restore to name-calling, accusations, and eventually sniveling that people are "being mean to you." We're now on the 3rd response in this thread alone where I have asked you to provide said evidence, yet all you have provided is "I can provide plenty [of] evidence."

A simple link to where you've actually provided any rational reasoning to back up your beliefs would suffice.

(April 18, 2014 at 4:10 am)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: You keep saying that, and yet you never do. You restore to name-calling, accusations, and eventually sniveling that people are "being mean to you." We're now on the 3rd response in this thread alone where I have asked you to provide said evidence, yet all you have provided is "I can provide plenty [of] evidence."

(April 18, 2014 at 5:35 am)fr0d0 Wrote: What the fuck are you on about? I swear you're seriously deranged. You have an imaginary friend all of your own you're talking to don't you?

I have plenty of evidence that I'm very happy to provide. All I need from you is a specific request that's actually logical. You don't seem to be able to ask one.

"You're seriously deranged. You have an imaginary friend all of your own you're talking to don't you?" is an odd statement coming from someone who professes a belief in a supernatural being indistinguishable from an imaginary friend, "for which there is no possible transferrable evidence," a statement which would make Elwood P. Dowd proud in defense of Harvey.

Examples of specific requests you have thus far failed to respond to:

(April 18, 2014 at 4:10 am)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: We're now on the 3rd response in this thread alone where I have asked you to provide said evidence, yet all you have provided is "I can provide plenty [of] evidence."

(April 17, 2014 at 10:30 am)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: Way to miss the point and shift the burden of proof again.

So, before you launch into another lie-rade, do you think "aha! Gotcha! There is NO evidence anyone can present to support this claim!" Is a compelling argument?

You say repeatedly that your faith "is rational" then refuse to elaborate further. Why is your specific entity, not just "the supernatural" completely immune from necessary evidence, unlike any reasonable belief?

Do you then believe every reported encounter with ghosts, imps, Djinn, Leprechauns, Unicorns, Fairies, and other supernatural entities? If not, why not?

You said yourself the supernatural doesn't need transferable evidence to be believable.

(April 17, 2014 at 9:53 pm)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: So, you claim your deity cannot have transferable evidence (a characteristic of completely imaginary entities), and then want me to disprove it's existence without you first defining what you are asking me to disprove. You claim to have rational evidence for said entity, but are unable to provide anything, again, because it's conveniently "non-transferable." Not unlike someone who believes in leprechauns, which you reject as "something you never said," so I'll ask you again:

Do you believe in leprechauns, unicorns, or fairies? Why or why not?

I don't know what you believe in, you haven't outlined what you believe in, and yet you want me to provide you evidence of its absence. For all I know, your God could be a giant leprechaun, who goes by another name. Perhaps you could lay out some characteristics.

(April 18, 2014 at 4:10 am)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: I have expressed no belief in supernatural beings. Please refrain from lying. The question posited to you was whether you, yourself, believe in supernatural beings other than the one you specially plead for, and what gives you the ability to dismiss their existence if not.

After all, unicorns are in the bible. Why do you disbelieve in unicorns? On what criteria do you reject their existence? Do you have any evidence they do not exist?

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-monsters-in-the-bible.php

These are simple questions, yet instead of answering them directly, you deflect and ridicule them as irrational, without seeming to grasp the lack of evidence for unicorns and the lack of evidence for your deity are interchangeable. You are ridiculing your own beliefs as irrational, unable to provide any reason your beliefs are more valid than a belief in unicorns. Insofar as you claim transferrable evidence isn't possible for your deity, and you have been unable to present any arguments in support of your deity belief, it now seems less plausible than a belief in unicorns. Your only recourse has been "any rational person knows unicorns don't exist," within a forum post complaining atheists state: "any rational person knows God doesn't exist".

Why, then, do you express disbelief in unicorns, for which possible transferrable evidence could exist, for an entity you claim no possible transferrable evidence can exist?

Is it possible or even plausible that you are simply deluded in your belief, in the presence of peers who do not share the same belief in the supernatural?

(April 18, 2014 at 5:35 am)fr0d0 Wrote: You said that you don't know the difference between fairy stories and rational beliefs. Therefore you have no reason to dismiss fairy tales. You said this.

Where did I say that? Can you provide a direct quote?

Again, please refrain from lying to make your points, it only shows how desperate you are, as what I actually said is recorded in this thread. I do not know who you believe such appeals are compelling to, as your penchant for lying, deliberately misrepresenting the posts of others, and a failure to engage in debate seem to be well known on this forum.

You defined your belief in God as a rational belief. To me, a belief without evidence, and where you claim evidence for said belief is non-transferrable, is indistinguishable from the imaginary.

Do you agree or disagree? Why?

What I said the first several times I asked you the question:

(April 17, 2014 at 10:30 am)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: Way to miss the point and shift the burden of proof again.

So, before you launch into another lie-rade, do you think "aha! Gotcha! There is NO evidence anyone can present to support this claim!" Is a compelling argument?

You say repeatedly that your faith "is rational" then refuse to elaborate further. Why is your specific entity, not just "the supernatural" completely immune from necessary evidence, unlike any reasonable belief?

Do you then believe every reported encounter with ghosts, imps, Djinn, Leprechauns, Unicorns, Fairies, and other supernatural entities? If not, why not?

You said yourself the supernatural doesn't need transferable evidence to be believable.

Lying to make your points is wrong, and transparent on an internet forum. Perhaps you ought to read the following primer for parents to young teens to understand why lying is bad:

Quote:Lying doesn't always work out the way you think it will. Every time you lie, you are taking a chance of getting caught.

Sometimes lying is a symptom of a bigger problem. It makes me worry when you lie. Are you having thoughts about hurting yourself? (Tell your teen you are on their side if this is the case. If you feel your teen is lying to cover up harmful behavior - like cutting or thoughts of suicide - please seek outside help.)

Lying can cause you to second guess yourself, creating inner conflict and stress for you. This can affect your moods and make you angry, causing more problems.

Sometimes when you lie, you have to tell more lies to cover up the first one. This can escalate to a point where you will find yourself in the middle of so many lies, you don't know what the truth is anymore.

Lies will compound your problems, not make them go away. When you lie to get out of trouble, you end up in more trouble than you would have been if you had told the truth in the first place.

ttp://parentingteens.about.com/od/Teen-Lying/a/10-Reasons-To-Give-Your-Teen-Why-Lying-Is-Wrong.htm

(April 18, 2014 at 5:35 am)fr0d0 Wrote: I don't plead anything. I state that I believe in God and with good reason.

Yet again:

(April 18, 2014 at 4:10 am)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: You keep saying that, and yet you never do. You restore to name-calling, accusations, and eventually sniveling that people are "being mean to you." We're now on the 3rd response in this thread alone where I have asked you to provide said evidence, yet all you have provided is "I can provide plenty [of] evidence."

What good reason?

(April 18, 2014 at 5:35 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Your unicorn example again proves your imbecilic understanding. Take a look at what your link says:
"In fact, a whole bunch of ‘mythical creatures’ in the King James Bible are simply additions by medieval translators who were more interested in being poetic than in making sure their creatures existed. The cockatrice, a rooster-headed dragon mentioned in the book of Isaiah, has been scaled down in more recent translations to ‘viper.’ Lilith, a female demon, has been downgraded to ‘screech owl’, and mentions of satyrs (half-man, half-goat creatures) have been changed to ‘goats.’ More linguistically accurate, maybe, but nowhere near as fun."

The question is why you are willing to believe in the same type of supernatural entity in what you have stated is the absence of possible transferrable evidence for said entity, when other such entities have been edited out of ancient texts as "mythological" creatures. What special pleading argument protects your deity from the same description?

(April 18, 2014 at 4:10 am)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: How so?

I do not think that word means what you think it means. Perhaps you could give us the alternative definition you are using here.
If you're saying that skepticism = ignorance I have no quarrel with you. You confirmed what I said above.

Personally I need reason to dismiss something. Otherwise my opinion is neutral.

Apparently you were unable to understand the content of the definition provided. Many Community Colleges offer night classes in remedial english, where you would be able to ask for clarifications of words like "skepticism," which you seem unable to grasp the definition of. Alternatively, you could, as previously suggested, Google the word, and read until you understand the definition.

Similarly, what is your definition of "Reason?" The sense I see you use it in your arguments is "A statement Frodo repeats over and over again until he is convinced everyone believes him, even if they ask what Frodo's 'reasonable evidence for his beliefs' is, and Frodo is unable to provide any."

For the fourth time:
What reason do you have to dismiss the belief in Unicorns, Leprechauns and Fairies, and why do these reasons not apply to your deity?

(April 18, 2014 at 4:10 am)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: Why yes, many people have asked you to provide the argument or other support rational belief in your specific deity you continually claim to have. I myself have asked you multiple times to produce it. So yes, you are indeed rather late on the delivery.

I provide reasoning every time it is requested. Address something and I'll respond. Take cheap shots with meaningless bullshit and you'll get the response that you deserve. In your case that's probably for the best.

Where is it?

(April 18, 2014 at 4:10 am)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: What did I fail to address? Please outline what you would like addressed, and if it isn't too much trouble, perhaps you could address some of the points raised instead of pooh poohing them and repeating "my beliefs are rational, I can provide evidence" and actually make an argument, support a claim, or at least keep both hands on the keyboard long enough to directly address any of the above posts directly.

How can I make an argument in response to nothing? From what I can see, you have nothing.

I've asked you 3 times to stump up and every time you've failed.

Quote:stump up - definition
View thesaurus entry for stump up
What are red words?
Using the thesaurus
PHRASAL VERB [INTRANSITIVE/TRANSITIVE] BRITISHWord Forms
to give money, often without wanting to give it
Thesaurus entry for this meaning of stump up

Perhaps this means something to you in this context. It's meaningless to me.

(April 18, 2014 at 5:35 am)fr0d0 Wrote: I'm not about to cast my pearls before swine. You offer nothing and I offer you nothing in return.

So you admit you cannot or will not respond to anything in the post, for fear of your arguments getting trampled on?

(April 18, 2014 at 4:10 am)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: This is an example of what to avoid. Please try to participate, and provide more compelling arguments in the future.

Do you ever take your own advice?

Yes. I have repeated the questions you have failed to address, yet again. Are you able to address them at this time?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheists... why do you believe that God doesn't exist? - by Rampant.A.I. - April 18, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real? JJoseph 209 13769 June 12, 2024 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 139 7605 June 12, 2024 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 6425 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 8763 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2335 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? KerimF 191 11479 June 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Quick Poll - Do you believe in God? Tiberius 1632 468847 May 13, 2023 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1146 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2591 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 16329 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger