Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 4, 2026, 9:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Why theists think their irrational/fallacious beliefs are valid
#18
RE: Why theists think their irrational/fallacious beliefs are valid
(April 30, 2014 at 11:51 am)popeyespappy Wrote: Conformation bias is a problem for everyone, but we rarely see it at the same level in the atheists on these forums that we do in the theists. Particularly in the Young Earth crowd. For them anything that contradicts with their interpretation of their scriptures can be rejected out of hand, and everything must be interpreted to conform to their presuppositional views. Revelation777’s thread on transitional fossils is a perfect example of this. According to Rev Tiktaalik is not a transitional form even though it meets his definition of a form with features between earlier and later forms.

If you Fr0d0, want to convince us atheists that Christianity is the correct religious position and can provide verifiable evidence of the following that does not conflict with other known observations I’ll change my position and be in church on Sunday.

1. The universe required a creator.
2. The god of the Bible is the creator.
3. Souls exist.
4. Souls need saving.
5. Acceptance of Jesus is the only path to salvation.

I would agree with you regarding YEC and ID.

I certainly see it a lot on atheist forums and I wouldn't like to put money on who's in the lead.

Your wanting natural evidence of the supernatural is more than dumb to me, so I guess it's no church for you come the weekend.

And your confirmation bias is quite strong padawan Wink

(April 30, 2014 at 11:56 am)Chuck Wrote: They never grant the same to buddhists, islam, or animist points of view.

I try to. I think there's a lot of value in those ideas. I also think atheistic ideas are useful. Ideally we're moving forward and learning.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Why theists think their irrational/fallacious beliefs are valid - by fr0d0 - April 30, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Way of practicing Old Beliefs Leonardo17 38 14910 February 26, 2025 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists, provide your arguments for God. Disagreeable 41 11510 August 9, 2024 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Serious question about thoughts on theists Kingpin 118 33272 May 18, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists: What is your stance on evolution? Agnostic1 118 32311 March 27, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  How often do your beliefs change? Ahriman 37 10447 January 23, 2022 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 4471 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 16924 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 41652 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: awty
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 10930 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: awty
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 62451 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: awty



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)