Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit
This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/top-10-...lieve-god/

Quote:Here are the top 10 reasons I don’t believe in God

Quote:1: The consistent replacement of supernatural explanations of the world with natural ones.
When you look at the history of what we know about the world, you see a noticeable pattern. Natural explanations of things have been replacing supernatural explanations of them. Like a steamroller. Why the Sun rises and sets. Where thunder and lightning come from. Why people get sick. Why people look like their parents. How the complexity of life came into being. I could go on and on.
All these things were once explained by religion. But as we understood the world better, and learned to observe it more carefully, the explanations based on religion were replaced by ones based on physical cause and effect. Consistently. Thoroughly. Like a steamroller. The number of times that a supernatural explanation of a phenomenon has been replaced by a natural explanation? Thousands upon thousands upon thousands.

Let's hear all about your bibles/korans and personal attestations!
RE: This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit
God of the gaps = God of the grasping at straws!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

The sun rises and sets because it rides a chariot across the sky.

Thunder and lightning come from Thor.

People get sick because of Loki.
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 27, 2018 at 10:00 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: People get sick because of Loki.

Sad lapse. Loki is more ingenious than that.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Something tells me it won't
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(March 27, 2018 at 10:08 pm)Aegon Wrote: Something tells me it won't

Yep, won't make much difference to the devoutly faithful.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Min, do you honestly believe any of these points are strong?

If you do, I will refute it tomorrow. But you know better. You really do.
Here we go again.  Gonna tell us about the sight of the love of the face of the thing that inherits the mystery of the guides that lead to the true prince?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
He is correct, only Odin has the answers.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
(March 27, 2018 at 10:03 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(March 27, 2018 at 10:00 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: People get sick because of Loki.

Sad lapse. Loki is more ingenious than that.

That's what he wants you to think...
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1239 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Questions about the European renaissance and religion to non believers Quill01 6 663 January 31, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Information How to discuss religion with believers? Scientia 161 15472 February 20, 2019 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If I lose my soul, do I die? robvalue 37 5177 September 4, 2018 at 12:15 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3734 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why are believers still afraid of death? Der/die AtheistIn 49 4567 March 8, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Christians and Their Homework! chimp3 78 9191 March 6, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Republicans seem hell bent on proving their god does not exist Foxaèr 7 2276 December 23, 2017 at 4:23 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Why do some moderates get so attached to other believers? Der/die AtheistIn 4 1258 December 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways? Greatest I am 129 19487 November 27, 2017 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Cod