Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 7:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does it make sense to speak of "Universal Consciousness" or "Universal Intelligence"?
RE: Does it make sense to speak of "Universal Consciousness" or "Univer...
(May 27, 2014 at 1:37 pm)Rampant.A.I. Wrote:
(May 27, 2014 at 9:11 am)archangle Wrote: Maybe be Benny my boy.

like a radio. The "body state" tunes into whatever is out there. Just like the "eye ball" is tuned to most of the energy reaching the surface of the earth. There is so many physics notions that loosely support your notions. I don't know if it's right or not. I will die not knowing.

Are you a chiropractor?

What evidence is there that the human brain is a radio tuning in to human consciousness? Where would such consciousness exist? What would hold it together?

Is it only humans, and if so, how do we explain animals who are self aware?

Why is this a more reasonable belief than the consciousness of an evolved animal residing in the evolved animal, who still exhibits evolved animal behavior, instinct and drives?

Did this consciousness or these souls preexist Homo Sapiens and conveniently attach themselves like parasites to human brains?

I don't believe in souls, but hey, if you need to address go right ahead. I am only addressing the notion of a possible larger awareness than humans. That we may be part of a larger system. But I am starting to get used to people putting shit wads in my mouth so that they have a better leg to stand in. self fulfilling bullshit is part of being human. we all do it I guess.

I said like a radio, not a radio. There really is no "things" there are only "events". you really are a series of events in this universe. like fire is not a thing. So all the events around you are partly you. That's just common sense. I like that kind of evidence. If you don't understand that, like Chas, you need to back out and let the adults handle it. or crawl back into that bullshit bowl of philosophizing.

The evidence that we are part of a larger system is everywhere. You can look around. I guess you think it is more reasonable to assume we have some "trait" that the universe does not have more of?

"self aware" animals, we are an animal so I am lost to your point. We were built from simpler life forms so of course they posses some of what we do. we are just a tad more complex.

Then, using chas stance we can ask our self if the complexity stops at us. Although Chas really doesn't have the background to even address it with anybody other than local accountant. A basic understanding of astronomy and physics renders the stance "human are at the top" as far less probable than we are just a step in the complexity of the universe.

What is your evidence that we are at "the top" of this complexity increase? What evidence do you have that we have any trait, like mass, energy, or life more than the universe has?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does it make sense to speak of "Universal Consciousness" or "Univer... - by archangle - May 27, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good read on consciousness Apollo 41 2691 January 12, 2021 at 4:04 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Machine Intelligence and Human Ethics BrianSoddingBoru4 24 2062 May 28, 2019 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  are aesthetics universal? zainab 15 1306 March 2, 2019 at 7:24 am
  How could we trust our consciousness ?! zainab 45 5043 December 30, 2018 at 9:08 am
Last Post: polymath257
  dynamic morality vs static morality or universal morality Mystic 18 3662 May 3, 2018 at 10:28 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  The Universal Moral Code BlindedWantsToSee 57 7679 November 2, 2017 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: BlindedWantsToSee
  Consciousness Trilemma Neo-Scholastic 208 57387 June 7, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Trying to simplify my Consciousness hypothesis Won2blv 83 14760 February 21, 2017 at 1:31 pm
  My thoughts on the Hard problem of consciousness Won2blv 36 5780 February 15, 2017 at 7:27 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  A hypothesis about consciousness Won2blv 12 4060 February 12, 2017 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Won2blv