Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 2:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian)
RE: Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian)
(September 18, 2014 at 8:55 pm)Celestine Wrote:
(September 18, 2014 at 8:50 pm)Exian Wrote: Celestine, this has nothing to do with religion or atheism, this is just some general advice-- The way I see it you have two choices. You can either "put your money where your mouth is" and really follow through on what looks like a misery tour by googling all the statistics on all the causes of death, find out how many people of Earth die every minute from every terrible thing you can imagine, and really rid yourself of joy, OR you could lighten up.

I took the road less traveled then, I found not only the statistics but also the cause of their suffering. I shall not lighten up, nor shall I use comedy to make me forget about real world problems, problems which there should not be a blind eye turned towards. Such would make me apathetic and bitter, my days of watching Seth Mcfarlane are over I am afraid, and I am the better for it.

Have you ever sat and waited with good people with terminal diseases as they slipped away?

I have.

Have you ever had to watch a patient die despite every effort you make?

I have.

Have you ever seen the body of a little boy so badly burned that he's barely recognisable as human?

I have.

Until you have too, please don't tell me about using humour to get through problems.
Dying to live, living to die.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian) - by Exian - September 18, 2014 at 8:24 pm
RE: Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian) - by Exian - September 18, 2014 at 8:50 pm
RE: Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian) - by The Valkyrie - September 18, 2014 at 9:11 pm
RE: Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian) - by Exian - September 18, 2014 at 9:13 pm
RE: Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian) - by Chad32 - September 19, 2014 at 11:56 am
RE: Questions for the atheists (The geeky christian) - by Tonus - September 19, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 11147 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Advice For Those Who Have 'Questions For Atheists' BrianSoddingBoru4 26 7265 February 6, 2014 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Questions for Atheists emmawheeler 27 5378 February 3, 2014 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda