Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theist with Questions
Theist with Questions
I'm an ex agnostic, turned theist. I'm not a fundamentalist, actually fairly unorthodox. 

My turning point was due to people who have been clinically dead and were resuscitated, as well are recovery of terminally ill that should not have survived but did and most with very few side effects from their injury or illness. 

I'm not here to sway opinions but to hear different beliefs and ask questions. 

I'm always interested in talking to people that have had near death experiences, and especially if they were considered clinically dead.
RE: Theist with Questions
By definition, no one recovers from a terminal illness.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Tell that to Wilko Johnson

Of course, it turned out that, in his case, the cancer turned out to not be quite as dire as previously expected.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(March 27, 2022 at 10:44 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Tell that to Wilko Johnson

Of course, it turned out that, in his case, the cancer turned out to not be quite as dire as previously expected.

Well, then we have Drich who was cured of all sorts of things by his gawd.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Don't you mean had?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(March 27, 2022 at 10:21 pm)RBP3280 Wrote: I'm an ex agnostic, turned theist. I'm not a fundamentalist, actually fairly unorthodox. 

My turning point was due to people who have been clinically dead and were resuscitated, as well are recovery of terminally ill that should not have survived but did and most with very few side effects from their injury or illness. 

I'm always interested in talking to people that have had near death experiences, and especially if they were considered clinically dead.

Without exception, all aspects of NDEs can be recreated, on demand, under controlled conditions. Establishing that we, as humans, have an immaterial component, a soul or spirit, that survives the death of our brains and bodies, is falling off a log scientifically. The test has been one of verdicality, the remote viewing of concealed objects; at least a half dozen scientific studies have looked for this phenomenon, and all have reported negative results.
(March 27, 2022 at 10:21 pm)RBP3280 Wrote: I'm an ex agnostic, turned theist. I'm not a fundamentalist, actually fairly unorthodox. 

In 1987, I was caught in an explosion. I was told later than I had 'clinically died' for several seconds during surgery - no heartbeat, no breathing (it was emergency surgery, so I can't make claims about brain function).

No tunnel with a light at the end, no white robed figures - nothing. I remember being in the street where the explosion took place, and then I woke up in hospital a week later. Nothing in between.

I think that fits in rather neatly with the vast majority of perithanatic experiences.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

You believe in the supernatural (aka god[s]), you became a theist, because people were near death?
You believe in the supernatural because we dont understand (yet) why some terminally illnesses reverse?
Because thats literally what you just said.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(March 27, 2022 at 11:11 pm)Jehanne Wrote:

Without exception, all aspects of NDEs can be recreated, on demand, under controlled conditions.  Establishing that we, as humans, have an immaterial component, a soul or spirit, that survives the death of our brains and bodies, is falling off a log scientifically.  The test has been one of verdicality, the remote viewing of concealed objects; at least a half dozen scientific studies have looked for this phenomenon, and all have reported negative results.

I don't care about Near Death Experiences, I want  to see some evidence of Post Death Experience
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(March 28, 2022 at 4:00 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

In 1987, I was caught in an explosion. I was told later than I had 'clinically died' for several seconds during surgery - no heartbeat, no breathing (it was emergency surgery, so I can't make claims about brain function).

No tunnel with a light at the end, no white robed figures - nothing. I remember being in the street where the explosion took place, and then I woke up in hospital a week later. Nothing in between.

I think that fits in rather neatly with the vast majority of perithanatic experiences.

Boru

This.

Had a rather bad motorcycle accident.

My heart stopped for somewhere close to two minutes. Until that point I didn't even know I had a weak heart.

No tunnels, no heaven or hell. No Valhalla (disappointed!), not even a visit to Olympus.

Only thing I got out of it was a rather obvious scar on my hip and a terrified paramedic that I yelled at.

A lot!
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 711 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Dating / Married To Theist wolf39us 23 2794 April 8, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You're a theist against immigration? Foxaèr 54 9134 July 9, 2018 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A serious question for the theist. Foxaèr 18 2984 May 9, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Stupid theist tricks........ Brian37 6 1860 April 29, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3596 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 22154 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Theist Posters: Why do you believe your God exists? SuperSentient 65 14345 March 15, 2017 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  [1 second conversion] Convert theist to atheist, in 1 second ProgrammingGodJordan 252 23037 February 17, 2017 at 1:10 am
Last Post: maestroanth
  10 Ways That Theist Pigs Graze At The Public Trough Minimalist 1 1340 May 21, 2016 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: KUSA