Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 1:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Prove the bible is unnecessary, atheist / Prove it is necessary, theists
#6
RE: Prove the bible is unnecessary, atheist / Prove it is necessary, theists
(September 20, 2014 at 8:54 pm)Rhythm Wrote: What a shameless dodge. Homosexuals are only known -as- homosexuals because of what they are -as homosexuals-. So yes, christians are against homosexuals for being who they are.

Exhibit A of why the bible is unnecessary. Your younger brother could have arrived (and probably -did- arrive) at his bigotry (regarding teh gayz, teh jewz, and teh muslimz) in a much less roundabout way. Even though it is -actually in the bible- your brother believed that it was not - again, making the bible unnecessary in reaching the finishing line of said bigotry. I think you should have nailed your younger brother to the wall, rather than trying to pussyfoot around what is or is not in the bible. It's not as though the contents actually matter to him, he has his own fairy tales to spin...hilariously, about fairy tales.
I wasn't trying to pussyfoot. I was not being sensitive about his beliefs. I tried to press him as hard as I could on a lot of this stuff. I think I'm pretty amateur at arguing is the problem. It didn't seem to me like he was actually against gay people though. I think he just thinks they're all social justice warriors which I should have pressed him on that they're not. I did try though. I told him about how there is no anti discrimination laws and if he asks one of my friends who is transgender (who he has talked to) about transgender rights, she and I will tell him that they have no rights and are actually in danger in our country.

(September 20, 2014 at 8:58 pm)Surgenator Wrote:
(September 20, 2014 at 8:54 pm)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: Look up social justice warrior or tumblr feminism. There's too many instances to name.

Those 'social justice' warrior's do not speak for all of feminism. So you should through feminism under boss for some bad apples.
Absolutely true. I think it's good to recognize the inconsistencies of the use of feminism.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Prove the bible is unnecessary, atheist / Prove it is necessary, theists - by MusicLovingAtheist - September 20, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists, provide your arguments for God. Disagreeable 41 11449 August 9, 2024 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Serious question about thoughts on theists Kingpin 118 33171 May 18, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God? Jehanne 136 41468 January 26, 2023 at 11:33 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 9194 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Theists: What is your stance on evolution? Agnostic1 118 32204 March 27, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 41484 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: awty
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 10917 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: awty
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 62397 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: awty
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 4055 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: awty
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 94630 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
Last Post: awty



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)