Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 22, 2024, 11:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 stages made me believe in Islam: 1-atheism
RE: 3 stages made me believe in Islam: 1-atheism
I can't prove God doesn't exist. You can't prove he does exist. Therefore the chances are 50/50. WRONG!!! VERY WRONG!!!!

This is a common mistake made by many theists and the reason it can never make sense is because it could apply to almost anything. I could tell you that there is a giant pink elephant in my kitchen that instantly disappears whenever anyone attempt to look at it or record it in any way. Therefore because I can't prove it exists and you can't prove it doesn't by your logic it had a 50/50 chance of being real.

Obviously this is absolute nonsense as anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together will know that the chances of their being an undetectable and monstrous pachyderm in my kitchen whilst not actually zero is so close to zero as makes no odds.

The God claim is no different.

If you really think about it, it must be so that anything you could ever think about but could not be proven either way has a 50/50 chance of being real. This simply cannot be so as the equation cannot be balanced.

Something therefore must be assumed not to exist unless there is evidence of some sort to support the claim that it does and the more robust and convincing the evidence the greater the probability.

To put it more bluntly, no sane human being would seriously claim that because we have not disproved the existence of leprechauns or unicorns, they must therefore exist (or must be assumed to exist).

I hope this clears the matter up for you Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3 stages made me believe in Islam: 1-atheism - by Darwinian - June 21, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5915 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7988 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5575 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  My reversion to Islam (believe in Quran again) Mystic 88 18402 March 30, 2014 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 34045 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  infinite reasons made me not to believe islam annatar 49 17244 July 7, 2010 at 5:57 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  why i believe in Islam? mo3taz3nbar 82 30358 June 7, 2010 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: mo3taz3nbar