Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2026, 7:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How can you say "take responsibility for your life"?
#56
RE: How can you say "take responsibility for your life"?
I am adopted. I never understood my behavior in context when I was young. My adoptive mom and dad were stern teacher and boys were never allowed to be sensitive and I was. I far too often internalized other people's baggage as being my fault and tried too hard to fit in. I was emotional and full of hormones and angst ridden.

I really did not understand until I met my biological family that my sensitivity and anxiety and depression ran in the family because I could see my behaviors in them.

Get professional help, not church shrinks or priests, they are there to prey off of your pain and give you a crutch to gain a recruit. It is important to know that having problems with how your brain functions is quite normal. But you simply do not let it go. You get professional help. You also accept yourself and don't let people get to you. It sounds hard when you are young, but when you get out on your own you get to chose who you hang out with and date or marry. That is when you get to surround yourself with positive people who will not try to make you a clone of them.

I am dirt poor, I have ups and downs in my life and everyone will have ups and downs. But you can get through those down times by having friends and support and help, it doesn't have to be just those in your house. It can be outside friends and online friends.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: How can you say "take responsibility for your life"? - by Jackie - October 26, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "Take it or leave it" Approach Leonardo17 1 1161 November 9, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Schrodinger's Cat. What say you? Jackie 39 9848 October 19, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Kitan Etos
  Is Moral Responsibility Compatible With Determinism? mcc1789 44 14650 June 11, 2019 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: SenseMaker007
  Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? Whateverist 901 232042 September 24, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  My take on regret Mr.Obvious 20 6480 October 20, 2017 at 7:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Would you get rid of your sexual desire if you could? Macoleco 78 27295 October 16, 2017 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What do scientists say about existence? Mariosep 186 84465 July 20, 2017 at 10:59 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Let's Say I Achieve "Meaning." What Do I Do Next? InquiringMind 51 17500 September 25, 2016 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 38917 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  What God is to the Universe is what your mind is to your body fdesilva 172 59867 August 23, 2016 at 7:33 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)